Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A second chance : Working with 2.60

DCEmu Newbie

Question A second chance : Working with 2.60

So long story short : The bottom rung of society decided to smash up and rob my car. Among the casualties was my 2.80 PSP. I recently got a 2.60 PSP and am looking to start fresh.
    Here are some questions I have.

1) On my 2.80 I had NES roms working 100%, and SNES roms working at maybe 33%. Is 2.60 more accepting of SNES emulation? What firmware will run both NES and SNES the best?

2) The 2.60 has a 'Digital Camera' folder in PHOTOS. Anyway to get rid of it? Won't let me delete in PSP, and doesn't show up on PC... Must be some little trick to it

All I use my PSP for is music really. I'll run an emulator once in a while, and check the internet just as rarely. I'm just trying to decide what firmware/emulator setup to run on the new PSP to improve on my old setup. People on here have experience that I don't, and I'm very hesitant to update before I know what I want to do.

The enulators will be working as in 2.8. Personally I would prefer to use a dark alex's custom firmware, you can use the latest updates from Sony and run your homebrew without problems.

DCEmu Newbie

My first post on here, and I get a reply from Germany!
    I'm located in Canada. Cheers, +rep for your kind response.

So updating to 3.40 and using custom firmware is a good idea then?
    I recall when I did homebrew/firmware on my old PSP, updating was looked down on. Since then, I have lost track though. Has Sony made the updates acceptable?

DCEmu Newbie

do not update straight to 3.40 using sony updates
    goto dax.lan.sh and you the 3.40 update application to create the custom firmware

DCEmu Newbie

Great, thanks for the link and the advice.

I can see that I'll need to downgrade to 1.50 before I go any further.

Quote Originally Posted by jspec View Post
    I can see that I'll need to downgrade to 1.50 before I go any further.
    Another reply from a German guy:
    Yes you have to go back to 1.50 before you can upgrade to any custom firmware. But you can decide the way you want to take. You can downgrade directly from 2.60, but I think you need an unpatched copy of GTA liberty city stories for this (GTA lcs has a bug that allows you to run homebrew). Or you could just upgrade to 2.71 or 2.8 and run the downgrader from there (you don't need gta for this)
    you could even go to 3.03 and use the 3.03 downgrader (but this one needs gta again)

I for one used the 2.8 downgrader and it worked perfectly. (I think the chance of bricking is almost 0% when you don't make any stupid mistakes...)

As soon you're at 1.50 you can upgrade to the custom firmwares 2.71 SE, 3.03OE, 3.10OE, 3.30OE or 3.40OE (all made by dark alex) They give you the advantages of all the later firmwares, but you don't lose the ability of running homebrew. And one more cool feature of 3.03OE and later is that you can run (almost) all your old PS1 games at full speed on the psp.

Axelius is right. But if you have an unpatched version of GTA: LCS ( has a 2.00 Update on it) then upgrade to 3.03 and use that downgrader. its much easier. i have 18 Downgrades (all successful) by the 3.03 Downgrader. If not, then use the 2.80 or the 2.71 downgrader...depends on which one you want.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

I went 2.60 --> 2.71 --> 1.50 --> 3.40. +rep for being helpful to the noob

Hey...I hope you went to 3.40OE-A and not Sony's Official 3.40

Quote Originally Posted by LilSwish722 View Post
    Hey...I hope you went to 3.40OE-A and not Sony's Official 3.40
    I just thought the same...but I don't think he is that stupid...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information