Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DCEmu--A big virtual Family?

Default DCEmu--A big virtual Family?

I've seen some people throw some of what seems to be their most personal secrets here at DCEmu. If my phycology studies are correct, this means that they both trust and feel safe expressing themselves to the goers of this site.

So from asking if they should bang a chick, faking a different gender or calling the webmaster a Doom 3 character, it seems people have alotta fun (and a little creepiness...see second example) at DCEmu.

So my question: Do you feel like DCEmu is your VIRTUAL family? I can say they are my friends. Not so much family, but good VIRTUAL friends.

I think friends is more of what it feels like, since there are so many members I don't talk to regularly. But it's a nice environment we got here at DCEmu and I'm glad we have some cool people visiting on a daily basis.

Yeah, you guys are cool why do you think I come here everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak View Post
    I think friends is more of what it feels like, since there are so many members I don't talk to regularly. But it's a nice environment we got here at DCEmu and I'm glad we have some cool people visiting on a daily basis.
    I agree, though I feel that this community is full of good friends. I can see the traits of a normal dysfunctional family... :rofl: But I do think it is good to acknowledge each other. Video Freak I don't really "know" you as well as some of these other people. But I have seen you and many others around long enough that from what I can see are good people online and probably the same in regular life. It’s that key element that gives this site such a good community of people. It’s the same reason why others and I enjoy coming here. I may not be around as much as I used to but I do try to check in regularly. So I guess you could say we are all one big virtual family.

i agree with the three so far.
    video, gizmo, and venom.

Dream Coder

For 99% of people it's less trust and more "what the **** do I care if some random people on the internet know things about me via a pseudonym?".
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    For 99% of people it's less trust and more "what the **** do I care if some random people on the internet know things about me via a pseudonym?".
    What does that mean

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo356 View Post
    What does that mean
    Does your mother call you "Gizmo356" ? No, it is but your pseudonym. A pseudonym is a false, assumed or otherwise not 'given' name.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

It means people won't know who you are anyways. So you can tell your secrets. :P

like an alias.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information