via http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-...c-t-20270.html

A new WIP Version of MEKA has been released.

Quote:

MEKA 0.80 in the horizon...

MEKA is currently being ported to the Allegro 5 framework and the entire sound engine was rewritten from stratch, hopefully fixing the audio issues that many people had and allowing sound to work properly under GNU/Linux. It is still a bit early to release a build qualified as "stable", but check the WIP repository for latest test builds! Help us bring MEKA back to the top

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEKA - ChangeLog
Note: for a more developer/hacker centric ChangeLog, download
source code and refer to HISTORY.TXT file.

MEKA 0.80 WIP
-------------
May 28, 2011 10:34 pm
Fixed a lot of more bugs.
Still missing:
- sound (completely disabled now)
- proper sync (i think it just wait for vsync)
- various video/blitter settings

Its a bit early but i would be happy if some people would be interested in checking out the code and giving it a try.

I forgot to mention above that NASM is still required to compile under Windows. I am considering including it in the package to simplify deployment.

Jun 16, 2011 11:29 pm
New executable (unzip over previous build full install), i only fixed joystick mapping and running MEKA from the command-line from another directory.

(off-topic: I have now moved all my collection from France to England, sorting it out will keep me busy for a bit)

Jul 26, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
I couldnīt work on MEKA much last month but hereīs a build with minor changes.

- Fixed mapping of ī.ī key.
- You can close the SOUND DEBUG window.
- Fixed Up/Down keys not working in the debugger.
- Increased joystick dead-zone, can you guys check if it fixes your joystick mapping issue?
- Filebrowser: backspace is a shortcut to get to parent directory, and when getting to parent directory the last directory is automatically set as current selection.
- Minor other fixes i canīt recall.
- Various sources fixes for GNU/Linux compilation (untested).

Aug 21, 2011 6:14 pm
Attached a new build
- Updated meka.nam with lots of stuff.
- Fixed ABOUT box crashing.
- Fixed rendering when VDP display is disabled and backdrop color rendering.
- Early TilemapViewer support for video mode 2 used by SG-1000 games, etc.
- Fixed a glitches in FileBrowser when using the mouse to open the ".." directory.
- Fixed light phaser hit position in game mode.
- SMS/GG ROM images smaller than 48KB default to using no mapper.
- Added support for variant of MSX-based Korean 8KB mapper used by Nemesis.

*EDIT* Build updated with a minor fix.

Jan 14, 2012 9:47 pm
Attached
Since 2011/11/06 build
- Linux portability patches
- Added Polish language [thr]
- Fixed accent in European languages
- Debugger: added support for SJASM and TASM symbol formats.
- Updated checksum and compatibility list
- Filebrowser: display a JP flag on JP/KR or JP/TW releases in database.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
This version adds support for breakpoints specified given a ROM address. It reverse map the CPU address automaitcally to find out if an accessed address match a ROM address.

Because I had to change quite a few things in the breakpoint system I am wondering if I may have broken any other features in breakpoint. Please let me knw if you find anything.

Note:
- It should work with every mappers (hopefully).
- ROM breakpoints are slower to evaluate than regular CPU space breakpoints.
- The little ī!ī mark denoting a breakpoint in the interactive disassembly is not supported yet for ROM breakpoints.
- Symbols exported by WLA including a bank specification are always converted to CPU space address when parsing. I would like eventually to detect it when parsing a symbol in the context of a ROM breakpoint so that "b rom symbolsomewherefarinrom" would work. However my guess is that ROM breakpoints are mainly useful for reverse engineering and not much for development so it doesnīt feel like a priority.

2012 2:37 pm
This is a fix of the build above (there was a crash under certain conditions using the ROM breakpoints functionalities).

I also added a new "STACK" command which display stack memory in a way to help visualize return addresses or other values.

Feb 16, 2012 12:39 am
This build adds support for about ~15 new dumps that should be released within the month.

Dec 16, 2012 4:17 pm
Changes since the 05/05 build:
- Updated checksum and compatibility lists.
- Updated Dutch translation
- TilemapViewer: better support for graphics mode 2.
- TilemapViewer: support for 256x256 tilemap used in PAL/SECAM wide screen mode.
- Debugger: Added a "Reload Symbols" menu option.
- Fixed Sports Pad emulation (itīs still quite tedious to use but it works).
- Configuration file is created early on startup if missing (because Unix/Mac builds have no interactive setup).
- Lots of code cleanup and portability/compilation fixes.

Jul 22, 2013 10:06 pm
Changes since the Dec 16 build:
- Fixed broken parsing of meka.pat
- CheatFinder: removed "reduce" button and streamlined interface.
- Debugger: Disassembler decode labels in īRST xxī instructions.
- Debugger: Added VARS command ("Variables") to display content pointed by symbols in RAM.
- MemoryEditor: fixed display of address when number of columns is not 16.
- Updated checksum and compatibility lists.
*UPDATED* Extras:
- Debugger: Referring to a symbol using with the : prefix (in the form ":xxxx") returns the ROM address instead of the CPU address.
- Debugger: Better support for 24-bits constants.

Jul 23, 2013 11:58 am
- Updated from Allegro 5.0.2 to 5.0.9 - I think this made the package bigger so also I compiled and packaged this one from my work computer so there may be other things involved. Let me know if this is working better!
- Fixed :label rom address calculation (thanks Calindro).

Jul 24, 2013
- Disassembler decode symbols given their full ROM bank mapping (if bank information is provided by symbol file).
- Debugger is always available at runtime. Obsoleted /DEBUG command-line parameter.
- Tidied up menu entries. Menus are now displaying shortcuts.
Discontinued ALT+P (=F12) and CTRL+X (=F10) shortcuts.
- Including Allegro binaries in repository, it should now be possible to compile the Windows version with Visual Studio 2008 with zero configuration step
- Added a batch script ītools/dist_bin_win32.batī to create binary Win32 package in one step, including UPX and ZIP tools in repository.

Jul 25, 2013
- Fixed disassembly view from showing symbols not at PC position.
- GUI: Fixed checks position in menus.
- Text input : Pressing DEL key in a text input box delete the character ahead of cursor.
- Text input : fixed losing cursor when getting out of bound using Right arrow.

MEKA 0.74 WIP xxxxxxxx
----------------------
- (Win32) Updated project file to Visual Studio 2008 format + compilation fixes.
- (Win32) Updated Allegro library to 4.2.3 (using precompiled binary from īallegro-msvc9-4.2.3ī).
- (Win32) Updated LibPNG library to 1.2.8 (precompiled binary package included in repository).
- (Win32) Including minimal DirectX 7.0 package (precompiled binary package īdx70_minī included in repository)
because newer DirectX SDK tends to cause problem with 4.2.x Allegro branches.
- SC-3000:
- Fixed the ī:ī (colon) key not working on Sega Keyboard emulation under certain host keyboard/OS configuration. [Omar]
- GUI:
- Added Taiwanese flag (for DB and File Browser). [Omar]
- Added and modified entries in the checksum and compatibility lists. [Omar]
Some particular renaming includes:
SMS - 84665648 - Great Soccer (JP) [Hack] --> Great Soccer (TW)
SMS - 656d1a3e - Hokuto no Ken [BAD] (CH) --> Hokuto no Ken (TW) [Hack] (the "bad" data is on the original cart, but this version has additional modifications)
SMS - 69538469 - Monopoly [A] --> Monopoly (US)
SMS - 026d94a4 - Monopoly [B] --> Monopoly (EU)
SMS - 311d2863 - Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] [A] --> Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] (US)
SMS - 45f058d6 - Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] [B] --> Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] (EU)
SMS - 01686d67 - Suho Cheonsa (KR) --> Suho Jeonsa (KR)
SG1 - 868419b5 - Champion Golf [A] --> Champion Golf [cart]
SG1 - 5a904122 - Champion Golf [B] --> Champion Golf [card]
SG1 - fdc095bc - Doki Doki Penguin Land (HK) --> Doki Doki Penguin Land (TW)
SG1 - 60f30138 - Dragon Wang [B] --> Dragon Wang [v0]
SG1 - 7c7d4397 - Dragon Wang (TW) --> Dragon Wang [v0] [chinese logo] (TW) (because a second Taiwanese version exists)
SG1 - 99c3de21 - Dragon Wang [A] --> Dragon Wang [v1]
SG1 - bd24d27b - Flicky --> Flicky [v0]
SG1 - 191ffe0a - GP World [A] --> GP World [v1]
SG1 - 191ffe0a - GP World [B] --> GP World [v0]
SG1 - 6d909857 - Mahjong --> Mahjong [small 1983]
SG1 - 8572d73a - Monaco GP [24k] --> Monaco GP [24k] [v0] [40k map]
SG1 - da2d57f3 - Monaco GP [32k] --> Monaco GP [32k] [v1] (provision for newly found [v2] build).
SG1 - 37fca2eb - Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [A] --> Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [v0] (dumps and versionning finally confirmed)
SG1 - 3db74761 - Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [B] --> Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [v1]
SG1 - 160535c5 - Wonder Boy [A] --> Wonder Boy [v0]
OMV - 90160849 - James Bond 007 --> 007 James Bond
GG - f85a8ce8 - 5 in 1 Fun Pak --> 5 in One Fun Pak
GG - a6bf865e - Beavis and Butt-Head (MTVīs) --> Beavis and Butt-Head (MTVīs)
GG - 3858f14f - Beavis and Butt-head (MTVīs) (US) --> Beavis and Butt-head (MTVīs) (US)
GG - 03d28eab - Crayon Shin-chan - Taiketsu! Tankam..--> Crayon Shin-chan - Taiketsu! Kantamu Panic!! (JP) (embarassing typo)
GG - 7ec95282 - Madoh Monogatari A [...] Bake~shon --> Madoh Monogatari A - Doki Doki Vacation (JP)
GG - 4e279baa - PGA TOUR Golf 2 --> PGA TOUR Golf II
GG - 786dd67b - Skweek (JP) --> Skweek [BAD] (JP)
GG - 88618afa - Tailsī Sky Patrol (JP) --> Tailsī Skypatrol (JP)
GG - e678f264 - Yogi Bear [Proto] --> Yogi Bear in Yogi Bears Goldrush [Proto]
Other smaller changes not recorded, please refer to meka.nam SVN history for exact changes.