Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attention all coders..............

psp Attention all coders..............

I had a massive idea you know some of the best home brew were Dungeons 3d and iris right. so why don't we take the first person of Dungeons 3d with the "free environment" of iris We could make so many different mods..... "Palo" psp Halo Or something neat just think about it wouldnt it be just be like taking snippets of cod and joining them....... well it was just a thought...

AL so im new to coding and i was wondering if i could get some help with this project
    God i hate being a noob

wut format models dus dungeons take?

Quake 3 But mainly i want to use just the first person from dungeons

Ive thought of this too, but i looked at both.... heres what i can tell you

Iris wasnt completed, but we have to remember, .BSP uses up alot of resources ( esspecially when using lots of textures, and if you want quality....your talking about 256x256 textures which puts a tremendous load on ram [ if im not badly mistaken ] )

so if you want more open world maps, your going to need to look at a different solution.

Iris used a much easier supported model format ( MD2 ) but MD2 looks like jello, esspecialy when in FP mode...

Now, Dugons uses MD3 as its model support, which is much better than MD2 ( though really MD5 is much better... esspecialy since it uses bones better ) though the mapping format for Dungons is simple ( except i like the animating and laying of the textures )

Basically, what im trying to say is, you may want to instead work on making a new engine rather than trying to combine 2 sources... also, you may want to try to do somthing else than halo on psp.... as of Microsoft gets quite mad at doing that kind of stuff... id say try to be original with your games... ive learned that its better to be the first than a poser.

Anyway, thats my input on this...

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat04912 View Post
    I had a massive idea you know some of the best home brew were Dungeons 3d and iris right. so why don't we take the first person of Dungeons 3d with the "free environment" of iris We could make so many different mods..... "Palo" psp Halo Or something neat just think about it wouldnt it be just be like taking snippets of cod and joining them....... well it was just a thought...
    Thats an awesome idea:thumbup:

Angry

so you tried iris in first person because how else wold you know it looks like jello and im not referring to just making a halo clone im talking about generic So any body could make mods

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat04912 View Post
    so you tried iris in first person because how else wold you know it looks like jello and im not referring to just making a halo clone im talking about generic So any body could make mods
    I actually like the models for iris they are awesome and I don't see there resemblance to jello lmao.

Talking

i Just set up my sdk environment im still a lost noob .... drat im going to need alot of major help to finish this project..........

Im sorry but, you are not going to finish this project. there is no way some one completely new to programming will be able to even start something like this, Start with a simple 2d game first. Its worth it, Trust me. Dungeons 3d and Iris were created by experienced programmers, and, unlike them, thats somethime you and me lack :S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information