Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got the psp290 working in Australia

DCEmu Newbie

i think geodata is only available for US and canada at present.

DCEmu Newbie

ok...I get the mapthis V498 to work aven though it freezes up on me now and again...but when I get a sat fix it tel me...map coordinates are not correct to 391.xxxx.xxxx....ect or something along those lines. so im guessing my maps are wrong?....do you guys know if you need the GPSFS files? cuase I deleted them to make room and was sure that I read somewhere that you dont need them....but am not a %100

DCEmu Newbie

to be able to run maps in mapthis programme, you need to have 5 GPSFS in your _mapname folder. plus some small pic files like petrol station, airport signs etc. these GPSFS are actually compressed format of all the pics (tiles) of actual map.

raj

DCEmu Newbie

blyx - i left it overnight to download the whole perth metro region..and the total came to be 2.42mb?? how big is ur map??

pmaxjenkins - yeah i would think so too..the new york subway loads very quick but the perth map is really terrible

DCEmu Newbie

w3n - Mine is 94 megs, though I have to redo it it and make it larger (I managed to cut off my sister-in-laws house by about 100 metres). I took out most of the water tiles, but I think I left all of the zoom levels in.

pmaxjenkins - Yeah, I was eager to play with it so i couldn't be bothered waiting for the downloads to finish, so I just made it smaller.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey guys in getting message saying "location out of range!!! This map does not cover folling coords:391.xxxxx::xxx.xxxxx"....any ideas??

DCEmu Newbie

Are you sure that the map you made covers the area that you're using it at? Otherwise, maybe it's not getting enough satellite fixes and then giving you the wrong coordinates. Dunno.

DCEmu Newbie

raj - ohh i left those files out..but so far i loaded them in but still..no go

blyx - 94 mb include the gpsfs rite?? hmm..i cant seem to get mine loaded for some reason..definately something wrong with my map

DCEmu Newbie

I have no idea why you guys are having trouble...sure its a bit of a pain to get it all working correctly at the start but then once you do its really good and works a treat!!!

For $70 its the gps i could ever want!!

Keep up the GREAT work Deniska! :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Creating the maps is the most crucial thing, you need to cover a large amount of area where you are living. It will take time to download the map and convert to GPSFS files. My map is the whole NSW and it takes 800mbs (^_^) LOL. I sure got a good fix of my location fast.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information