Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got the psp290 working in Australia

DCEmu Newbie

My maps is already 400mb but I will make a larger one will tonite and report back.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, I'm going to try and make a larger map tonight too, and then just let it go until it's finished.

DCEmu Newbie

im still getting the "location out of range!!! This map does not cover following coords:391.xxxxx::xxx.xxxxx"....I might do some more reading maybe I missed something?

How long is it taking you guys to make your maps?
    I tried to get all of tassie on one map and it was going to take 3 days!
    Is it illegal to share our maps?

DCEmu Newbie

It takes a fair while. I think i read somewhere on these forums that google cuts you off or something if you get the maps too quickly. I want to make a WA map, but i don;'t want to have to leave it running for so long. Maybe I should kick it off on my wife's computer.....

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blyx View Post
    It takes a fair while. I think i read somewhere on these forums that google cuts you off or something if you get the maps too quickly. I want to make a WA map, but i don;'t want to have to leave it running for so long. Maybe I should kick it off on my wife's computer.....
    My map of South Florida (U.S.A.) is 3.07 GB on disk and it took me longer than overnight to make. It works great and was well worth the wait. I tried many times to make it using google maps and every time it failed. I ended up using a Microsoft Virtual Earth Hybrid map and it succeeded. I can see my home on the map and most of the streets are marked (all but some crummy side streets that don't matter). Hopefully, for your guys sake, Microsoft V. E. covers your area as they seem far more lenient to the large file downloads. Good luck.

DCEmu Newbie

Cool. I might give that a try then. Cheers for the suggestion.

DCEmu Newbie

I bought my first psp today. I'd love to get map this running but it is a simple straight forward process? I've just seen so many sites and I am a bit daunted by it.

My current sony firmware is 2.71 (K)

Also is it possible to use maps from the UBD Australian cities cd?

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

I guess it depends on your level of proficiency as to how simple it is, but it's somewhat straight forward if you can follow the step by step instructions (sometimes finding them can be tricky). The hardest part i found was when i was trying to extract the prx files because i couldn't find the right psar dumper program for the 3.30 firmwares.

Stick with it and you'll get there, and be prepared to do a lot of reading and searching for tutorials.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blyx View Post
    I guess it depends on your level of proficiency as to how simple it is, but it's somewhat straight forward if you can follow the step by step instructions (sometimes finding them can be tricky). The hardest part i found was when i was trying to extract the prx files because i couldn't find the right psar dumper program for the 3.30 firmwares.

Stick with it and you'll get there, and be prepared to do a lot of reading and searching for tutorials.
    Blyx,

It took me a couple of days (but quite a few hours each day) to get my head around it all, and installed and running successfully. I'm just getting some VE Hybrid maps for Sydney and Nth and Sth coast (I live in Sydney) which is taking ages, but as far as just getting Syd CBD (MS VE or Google maps) it's quick and works a treat.

If you have problems, let me know (spam.leakey at gmail dot com) and I'll post my MapThis! Mem card files.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information