Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO Wires Needed, Fm Transmitter

Default NO Wires Needed, Fm Transmitter

Just read about it at www.pspnetwork.net. Here is the actuall link to the post:
    http://pspnetwork.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=189

OK, So heres what I do to get my PSP to play through any Stereo. All I did was go to my local electronics dept. and baught a FM transmitter that plugs into the head phones port just turn it on and put stereo on 88.1 - 88.7 . i t cost 20 bucks, but well worth it. Great for in the car and work, everyone should have one
    So obviously this is going to be great for surround sound movies games ect...Image being in your room sound on max playing your fav game with surround sound. I think it would be awsome. And for only about $20.00 Defenetly something I am going to buy
    -gtekman

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Sounds good to me!

DCEmu Newbie

These things are great, was using it in the car today. So you can either have the sound from your games boomin (passenger was playing the game, not the driver, lol) through your system or play mp3s that way. Mine's a Line-X one that has a range of ~100 meters, uses 3 AA batteries and lasts about 100 hours.

How far do these FM transmitters work? If someone is nearby and changes their channel to 88.1-88.7, will they hear what you're playing?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDAlcala
    How far do these FM transmitters work? If someone is nearby and changes their channel to 88.1-88.7, will they hear what you're playing?
    Depends on the price. Eg. More expencive longer signal. But the $20 dollar one should not have a very long range. I don't know exactly because I have not bought one yet and I am not an expert on sound and radio waves

DCEmu Newbie

I think 100 meters is about as good as you'll find, and even those are a bit dodgy in a legal sense because of broadcasting rules. I once plugged mine into the PC at home then jumped into the car outside, tuned in, and saw how far I could drive. It wasn't an enormous distance but a little way up the road before the signal got too weak.

But to answer your question, yes, anyone who tunes into the same frequency within the broadcast range will be able to hear you too.

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

I think they are illegal to use in the UK.

Then again you could always use those tape thingies (the ones that allow you to play cds through a stereo) and listen to the psp in surround sound that way. :P

DCEmu Newbie

probably not, tape players are only capable of dolby NR type b and a. They are far from the high fidelity signal that suround sound requires. But you could still hook it up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gtekman
    So obviously this is going to be great for surround sound movies games ect...Image being in your room sound on max playing your fav game with surround sound. I think it would be awsome. And for only about $20.00 Defenetly something I am going to buy
    -gtekman
    It won't be surround, the PSP is stereo and FM signal is stereo too..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information