Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lameboy v0.1 released - GB/GBC emulator for the DS

DCEmu Newbie

Pokemon won't save... But Link's Awakening does? Hm? I'll try out a few more as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Biggs View Post
    wow, talk about a stroke of luck. i downloaded DSboy last night to get a super mario land fix. it didnt display .gb files. now this drops into my lap 8 hours later. Luck of the Irish indeed!
    DSboy lied, you must name them to *.gbc for the files to show up. And if you look in the topic here at DCemu, on the last page you'll find a link I posted to an updated version by GPF with some sound capabilities. Even still, Lameboy here is faster and generally better even if it has no sound.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Snake-X View Post
    If this is a DS emu... maybe it can use the complete speed of the DS a gain some nice speed^^
    I mean... I really like to play games like Pokemon or Dragon Warrior with a speed at 500% or more XD

Do you think something like this is possible?
    If further optimizations are made, sure anything is possible. Look at Goomba Color for the GBA - it plays most GB/GBC games at fullspeed, and you can even get a speed boost by holding Select+L. The DS is more powerful, so yeah it would be possible if someone is able to code it. NES DS's fast forward feature is a good example of this. PocketNES for the GBA already had fast forward with Select+L, but NES DS can fast forward much faster with just the R button.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal27 View Post
    Pokemon won't save... But Link's Awakening does? Hm? I'll try out a few more as well.
    Yeah, I wasn't able to get Pokemon to save either, though most other games saved fine. It's odd though, as it wouldn't pick up my pre-existing *.sav file either. Strange.

DCEmu Newbie

Default I got pokemon to save

I got Pokemon yellow to save. Just act like you where saving in the real game and after you press A to save and it says "saving"press the X button like 3 times (I do 3 case it missed it)
    then reset and then play.

And there you go :thumbup:

also oracles of seasons and oracle of ages don't load.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information