Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: Sony PSP-290 GPS Receiver

DCEmu Newbie

hi can any one help me please. Im in the uk and have a psp-290 and can not get it to work have had mapthis working but the psp-290 does not switch on. have been though the cofig file that does nothing lol. have been try to sort it for day its just **** me off now lol.
    thanks inch

hello, great review but I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

Does the GOS receiver enhance the gameplay of MGS: PO / Homestar / Minna no Golf v2 that is reasonable for the price and shipping cost (in your opinion)

How long does the receiver last in terms of battery life? in other words, how long can I use MapThis! while driving or could I just plug in a car charger?

thank you again for the review and thanks in advance if you respond to my post

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Japairish View Post
    hello, great review but I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.

Does the GOS receiver enhance the gameplay of MGS: PO / Homestar / Minna no Golf v2 that is reasonable for the price and shipping cost (in your opinion)

How long does the receiver last in terms of battery life? in other words, how long can I use MapThis! while driving or could I just plug in a car charger?

thank you again for the review and thanks in advance if you respond to my post
    I dont own those games, so I cant comment on them but the fact that it works great as a GPS, its valid enough for a purchase

The receiver runs on the PSP battery, so its a matter of how long your PSP will last.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by inch View Post
    hi can any one help me please. Im in the uk and have a psp-290 and can not get it to work have had mapthis working but the psp-290 does not switch on. have been though the cofig file that does nothing lol. have been try to sort it for day its just **** me off now lol.
    thanks inch
    For those in UK, you may now use Go!Explore software loaded with UK/Ireland maps. Just plug in the PSP-290, and you are ready to navigate on PSP.
    Last edited by bandit; April 2nd, 2008 at 02:33.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,

I wonder if any one can advise me. I have a PSP, a 290 GPS unit and the Europe maps downloaded from Sony.

Can I get this GPS to work
    1. without a UMD and
    2. without hacking the PSP?

Many thanks.

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qxy63 View Post
    Hi,

I wonder if any one can advise me. I have a PSP, a 290 GPS unit and the Europe maps downloaded from Sony.

Can I get this GPS to work
    1. without a UMD and
    2. without hacking the PSP?

Many thanks.
    1. No.
    2. See #1
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    1. No.
    2. See #1

1. Thanks.
    2. See #1.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi guys,

just bought the GPS receiver got the PSP slim 2006, 3.71 M33-2. and downloaded the mapthis but not sure what to do the instruction not super clear.
    any one can help or know a website that simplify the instruction?

thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Hi there. Ive got the GPS hardware but i dont know where i can get the software? Can anyone help?

DCEmu Newbie

took forever to get but finally got my gps reciever from deadextreme. Very satisfied w/ the product. currently using Mapthis by Daniska buy do have the Go! Explore software and looking for a way to get the North American Map Packs. Anyone know or have and willing to share please PM me. I will compensate you fairly well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information