Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else worried about Revolution's Power?

Default Anyone else worried about Revolution's Power?

Just a thought: with the other two next-gen consoles boasting huge processors that will undoubtedly pump out heat, surely the Revolutions small size - 3 stacked DVD cases, will limit the possibility of a powerful machine ie. how can you cool a powerful proccessor in a tiny box?

I'm well aware of Nintendos policy of gameplay not graphics which i completely agree with, but surely in the fight for its old spot of no. 1 in the home console market, its gonna need a machine with a good graphical punch to convince the casual gamers out there.

Any thoughts?

The Revolution is known to be 2-3 more powerful than the GameCube making it roughly a little faster than the current XBox.

I'm not really worried, because it's said that all 3 consoles will provide the same graphics.

From what I read Nintendo is going to release specs on the Revolution once the get the stats on what the games are playing at, and figuring out what speed they play.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fackue
    The Revolution is known to be 2-3 more powerful than the GameCube making it roughly a little faster than the current XBox.
    the gamecube currently closer to the xboxs power than that (actually sometimes it has the best looking of multi platform games i.e. POP:WW) but i do thing that the Revolution will be the weekest, but you never know

I don't mind it being the weakest, but at least close to the competition.

Fackue, where did you hear that? at nintendo's pre-E3 press conference they said the revolution will be slightly more powerful than GC, although they always play down the power of their consoles.

Nintendo has taken some crazy risks lately (trading internet options for connectivity). I dont think they are going to blow it this time really. Besides, i think that the new Zelda looks similare to what the Next Gen consoles are pushing out. Do we really need life like graphics to play games? Hell I still like my snes.

I agree, but my thoughts are more on what the mainstream casual gamer will think of it, i wan't ninty to pull back at least a bit of the market in Europe.

Risk? do you mean favouring online as appose to connectivity? if yes then; its no risk! connectivity was a dud, online hasn't taken off so well this generation but should be big next time.

just a dateil. the graphics today (gamecube) r really nice looking so the next gen dont need a processor 100 times more powerfull to have realtime cg graphics. i think the revolution will do the job...

Quote Originally Posted by ptr.lynch
    I agree, but my thoughts are more on what the mainstream casual gamer will think of it, i wan't ninty to pull back at least a bit of the market in Europe.

Risk? do you mean favouring online as appose to connectivity? if yes then; its no risk! connectivity was a dud, online hasn't taken off so well this generation but should be big next time.
    online play was VERY populare for the xbox. i would say at least 1 in 5 xbox owners had xboxlive or some way of connecting their xbox's through the internet.

Nintendo would have done just fine with internet connectivity in my opinion and it might have even killed some of the competition if they had included it.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

1 in 5 xbox owners had xboxlive or some way of connecting their xbox's through the internet
    well in the uk, i don't think thats true, i only know 1 or 2 with xbox live but i know loads with xboxs. also only about 20% of the uk has BBand!

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    well in the uk, i don't think thats true, i only know 1 or 2 with xbox live but i know loads with xboxs. also only about 20% of the uk has BBand!
    oh. i guess thats just for the US then. I dont xbl did to great in japan either.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information