Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP to PC

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy PSP to PC

It's been almost a week since my PSP can't connect with my computer. I think something is wrong with either my PSP or the USB cable or both, but the USB cable still works. I know this for a fact because whenever I try to connect it to the comp the PSP says it's on USB mode although it won't install the PSP in it. I'm very disappointed now because I can no longer transfer my files from my comp and I'm stuck with all my files from before I want to change. I hope someone could really help.

Plus, I'm really curious of the Toggle USB option at Recovery Mode. How does it work? I tried clicking on it and it said USB enabled so I tried exiting recovery and went to USB connection but still nothing happens. It's still the same USB-mode-without-installing-the-hardware thing. When I disabled it in the recovery mode, same. OMG I'm really disappointed with this clearly. HELP!

DCEmu Old Pro

Toggle USB just allows you to access USB in recovery mode.

I'm afraid I don't know how to fix the problem. I believe it is a Windows issue.

Cloudy

Yeah, in recovery, select "Toggle USB", and don't exit. Plug in a usb. When your done transfering your files, select it again to disable it.

Sounds like an issue with your PC to be honest.

DCEmu Newbie

I doubt it's with the computer because I already tried five of my friends' different computers to no avail. I'm heading to Sony tomorrow arrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg

The computers don't even say Found New Hardware for Christ's sake......

DCEmu Newbie

what does it do?

Its most likely the cable, even if it partially detects the PSP but doesn't mount the mstick as a drive.

Try another cable or wriggling the cable at both ends.

If a new cable doesnt work then you can buy a card reader/writer for like $20 as gizmo356 suggested and put data on the mstick that way.

DCEmu Newbie

does that mean if your option won't work either, then my PSP stays this way forever? Sony will pay

Huh?

You probably just need to try another cable, wriggle the one you have now or clean the contacts on both the unit and cable.

The card reader is a way to put data on the mstick without the PSP (you take it out and put the card in the reader to transfer data).

If somehow it wont work with a new cable, cleaning the contacts or a different PC it may have something to do with the custom firmware, though I have never heard of this. That would be your own responsibility not sony's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information