Thread: RUMOR: Pro Evolution Soccer '07 to look far better on PS3?

ps3 RUMOR: Pro Evolution Soccer '07 to look far better on PS3?

via PS3 Fanboy

According to one of them fancy anonymous insiders over at Konami, we've got a tidbit of news that may interest the Sony loyalist in all of us. This insider posted on a Korean forum that the upcoming Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 will look drastically superior on the PlayStation 3 compared to its lovable rival, the Xbox 360.

The claim stems from the extra capacity afforded to the game thanks to Blu-ray, allowing for additional content and supposedly graphical superiority. It is rumored that the game currently takes up 18GB on the Blu-ray disc, but is smooshed down to 7GB on the 360's dual-layer DVD. An added perk will be the 60fps claim -- not just that PES '07 will have it, but the PS3's rendition of it will top the competition.

While this should be marvelous news, we aren't buying it. The PlayStation 3 just recently got a launch date in Korea, so of course there's going to be some skeptical stuff popping up on Korean forums that's supposed to build up expectations. Chances are the games will look mostly identical. But it's nice to dream. We'll figure it out when we get some of those nifty comparison videos running.

DCEmu Newbie

I don't buy this. Why would a soccer game need 18GB? Is there a 10 gig padding file ala Resistance?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    I don't buy this. Why would a soccer game need 18GB? Is there a 10 gig padding file ala Resistance?
    I remember a story awhile ago about how a Blu-Ray soccer game, I believe it might be this one, would include hours of unique commentary that will never sound looped or the same thanks to the extra space affordable to Blu-Ray. That's really cool! Also the game the Darkness will be using Blu-Ray space to maximize the TV content on their channels throughout the game like whole movies and episodes so the game doesn't feel like it's looping the same content. Blu-Ray can really prove it's worth beginning with little improvements like that.

As for this whole 10gig padding file on Resistence? Isn't that misleading? The game is reported 16 gigs even with compression mainly due to the audio. And the other 10 gigs might be padding to fill out and protect the remainder of the total 25 Gbs left over on the disc. That's not unusual... the point is how much does the game itself take up before writing to disc?

I can only hope this is true. I've been waiting for a soccer/football game for the PS3 since it came out. If it were superior to the 360's game then it would be nuts. Anything that can showcase the PS3's superiority over the 360 is good and can hopefully influence developers to jump onto the PS3 wagon.

lol

Might consider getting this game once I get myself a ps3.

It's obvious that all the multi-platform games will get better graphics on the PS3. But sadly they will not get success.

Thread Information