Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSP hardware refresh coming this year, says report

psp PSP hardware refresh coming this year, says report

via Engadget

So it looks like those endless rumors of a newly-spec'ed PlayStation Portable are finally about to come true, with an analyst from Lazard Capital Markets reporting that Sony has in fact copped to just such a device (most definitively NOT pictured above) at its Gamer's Day gathering in San Diego. According to Lazard's Colin Sebastian in a briefing prepared for NPD, "the company also indicated that [in addition to new software titles best left to another fine publication], a video download service and [PSP] hardware refresh are expected later this year." While both tidbits sound like potentially big news, Sony was reluctant to give up any more info on either of these asides -- meaning that you can still let your imagination run wild with magical features before the inevitable letdown. Still, if you've got your credit card in hand and sonystyle.com open in another tab as we speak, it might pay to hold off for a bit and see how this plays out.

that photoshoped one actually looks comfortable, but bulky

I have to say this i really dont like the shape i think it makes it look cheesy

this photo sucks!it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen...
    the new features i want to see at the new psp are:larger battery duration,a second analogue stick,better sound quality and...homebrew capability:rofl: !!!

The only compaint I have of the original PSP, apart from the battery life, is the current analogue stick on it,
    Its horrible, like a cheesegrater it grates away my thumbs!
    Try to complete gitaruu man, or play street fighter alpha 3 on turbo 7, you'll probably find your thumb indented and raw red!
    I personally would prefer replacable rubber tops, at least they would be more comfy, and less painful!

Quote Originally Posted by RV2006 View Post
    The only compaint I have of the original PSP, apart from the battery life, is the current analogue stick on it,
    Its horrible, like a cheesegrater it grates away my thumbs!
    Try to complete gitaruu man, or play street fighter alpha 3 on turbo 7, you'll probably find your thumb indented and raw red!
    I personally would prefer replacable rubber tops, at least they would be more comfy, and less painful!
    like this: http://www.yesasia.com/?/product_html...utton_Kit.html

maybe a hardware refresh to blot out homebrew once and for all like the ta-082 but more succesful at it
    who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    maybe a hardware refresh to blot out homebrew once and for all like the ta-082 but more succesful at it
    who knows?
    the board didnt restrict homebrew, only downgrading. the firmwares stops homebrew but the homebrew devs seem to be on top of that.

i dont really like it, is it me or does the screen look smaller?

It could be smaller or prehaps it's the same size like the current PSP and the one above has gotten bigger. It's something like a transition from the PS2 to the PS3, that being bigger in size than the PS2.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information