Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft starting to ban modded Xbox 360s from Xbox Live

Default Microsoft starting to ban modded Xbox 360s from Xbox Live

Microsoft started to ban Xbox 360s that have a modified dvd firmware that allows backups to run. Even 360s with the newest Xtreme firmware have been confirmed to be banned.

Keeping Xbox live fair:
    http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archi...17/545414.aspx
    One of the great things about LIVE and the unified community is that we work hard to create a level playing field for all gamers and have a no tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior like hacking or cheating. As part of our commitment to our members, we do not allow people that we have detected to have modified their console to connect to LIVE. This is an important part of our efforts to try and maintain a fair gaming environment for the large majority of gamers that play by the rules. This topic is more important than ever given the recent release of the Halo 3 beta. As a result, some consumers that try to login to LIVE who we detect have illegally modified their console will get an error code (Status Code: Z: 8015 - 190D) when trying to connect to the service. These users will not have their account automatically banned from LIVE, but they will no longer be able to access the service from the console they modified.

We have stated in the past that customers can only enjoy access to the Xbox LIVE community through the use of a genuine, unmodified, Xbox console and we will continue to enforce this rule to ensure the integrity of our service, the protection of our partners and the benefits of our users.

HAHA!! i was gonna hack my 360 but the pc didnt read the 360, modded 360's will be on Xbox live soon no doubt!

M$ is so stupid! Lets start banning people paying us money! Ban the backups!

I had to do a quick check, and I'm not banned, yet. I have a Hitachi-LG modded drive, I can't recall which version. I just know its an August/September release. As a safety precaution I have disconnected my 360 until this all settles down.

Lol^^^ i bet you have poo in your knickers haha!

Their beginning to act like sony, the irony

Irony is expecting one thing and getting the opposite.

You expected MS to somehow be 'nicer' than sony?

You cant really blame them for stopping mods. You can hate it and long for the days of xbox1 and earlier with a modded release console running 'backups' of every game for the system though.

Isn't there some kind of way of changing your ID? Kind of like the changer for PSP?

Quote Originally Posted by moogster66 View Post
    M$ is so stupid! Lets start banning people paying us money! Ban the backups!
    Moron, im glad they're doing this. Maybe this will finally get rid of all the aimbots gamers. Apparently they don't care all about the money. They care about the gamer who want to play a normal, no-hack online game.

Thats what they do on call of duty, you don't see anyone whining about them.

DCEmu Old Pro

Personally, I don't hate MS for banning consoles, or Sony for releasing new firmwares.

It's either take steps to stop piracy, or have all the developers stop using your system. The Dreamcast was killed by piracy; I'm sure you don't want it to happen to the PS3/360.

Remember, if you pirate, you aren't specifically hurting the company who made the console; you are hurting the game developers.

Cloudy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information