Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with semi-Bricked 3.40 oe-A

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help with semi-Bricked 3.40 oe-A

Allright so here’s my problem. I am using 3.40 oe-A. Everything was running smoothly until I decided to try out some of those cool looking custom xmb themes. So I follow the instructions, backup flash 0, replace font and vsh files in flash 0, but I cant quite get the themes to work. So I try to go back.

So now, I’m wondering if it’s such a good idea to delete vsh in order to replace it with the backup. But what the heck, I do it. All seems allright, but I notice something odd in the xmb, whenever the virtual keyboard comes up, the icons for the keys have disappeared. I don’t panic, I’ll just return back to 1.5, rewrite 3.40 oe-A, but when I go back to recovery, to try and run ms0:/psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp or something, the screen goes black on me. It isn’t working. That’s odd, since all the files are there. To top it off, the xmb no longer loads when I boot. I need to go to the recovery menu, click exit, than it brings me the xmb. But something stranger, none of my 1.5 kernel homebrews work anymore (others work fine). Plus, if I try to activate any of the usb connections from recovery (usb, flash0, flash1) the psp just freezes. So I can’t write or access my flash, 1.5 eboots don’t work, recovery/eboot.pbp doesn’t work

But the usb from the xmb works fine.

Can anyone tell me of a why to write to flash from the 3.X kernel? Or does anyone know how I can fix this? I would be forever grateful.

Veygah

Hmmm, Never heard of that problem before try to downgrade With the recovery pack but then just load it from your xmb X.Y.Z Update or somthing like that and see if that works ?

Just obtain the 1.5eboot and rename to 150.pbp
    and PUT IT IN THE GAME150 FOLDER

DCEmu Newbie

Hmmm, doesn't seem to work. I get a corrupted icon from the xmb. But I think that's normal since I never used to be able to see the recovery eboot from the ms0:/psp/game/recovery (where it usually is) so I don't see why putting it in the 1.50 should make a difference. Besides, homebrew that runs in the 1.5 kernel (whether thats in Game150 or Game) crashes right after it boots. I'm guessing the 1.5 kernel is corrupted? So I probably need to find a way to write to the flash from the 3.x kernel. But that's just my take on things. Thanks for the reply

did you try to put your psp in another kernel via the Recovery menu

DCEmu Newbie

"did you try to put your psp in another kernel via the Recovery menu"

Yup tried, and when I switch Game to 1.5 kernel, then any 1.5 homebrew placed within it no longer works. That's what leads me to believe the problem lies within the 1.5 kernel of my flash memory. All actions requiring the 3.40 kernel run fine. I tried to open about 5 different flashing programs from Game150 and game(trying both kernels) but nothing gives. If I try to open it from the 1.5 kernel, the screen goes black and the psp eventually turns off. If I try to open it through the 3.X kernel, I get the error message since all the flashers I tried are made to run with the 1.5 kernel.

I saw something on the net that said you could hardwire your psp so that the usb port redirects directly to the flash, bu I can't find any guides on how to do it. Know any?

so ur firmware is 3.40 Oe-a i presume,
    your kernel is 3.40
    did you try to put it in Game340 ?

And if that doesnt work im Clueless try to bring
    it back to the shop ?

Edit* I was reading your first post again

I don’t panic, I’ll just return back to 1.5, rewrite 3.40 oe-A, but when I go back to recovery, to try and run ms0:/psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp
    Did you make That directory psp/game/recovery/... And put the recoverypack i gave ya in there
    renamed the 1.50 Eboot to 150pbp and put it in there ?

because maby u did somthing wrong try that and then > Go to recovery menu and pres run ms0:

Gah, this is too weird!

One thing I've learned is, If there is any other way to solve a semi-brick, do not downgrade!

your right beacause u shoulda use your backup and put it back instead of downgrading to 1.5 and upgrading.

that Would't save you all this

DCEmu Newbie

yup, did that. the exact path is psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp The 5 required files are in the recovery folder but the screen goes black. Actually, I found this odd, because if Game is set to 3.40 kernel, I thought the recovery should be run in that same kernel, but it still doesn't work.

I even tried to use F1F_V2(Flasher).zip It's an app that can write to flash and it helped me in the past. To run it, it must be opened from the recovery folder and from the recovery menu, but even that won't run anymore.

I think I exhausted every single strategy and idea. Well, I guess it could be worst, I can still do anything a legal 3.40 psp can do + running psx games, but I will no longer be able to update legally or downgrade illegally. Guess I'm stuck, but at least it'll be better than having bricked it.

Well, thanks for your help and post back if anything comes up.

good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information