Thread: Problem with FFVII (3.40 OE) in Cosmo Canyon

DCEmu Newbie

Default Problem with FFVII (3.40 OE) in Cosmo Canyon

I'm not really sure this is the right forum to post this topic in, but I'll give it a try.

I got 3.40 OE installed, I _converted_ the save files for 3.40 OE use (I SO regret that) and I've entered Cosmo Canyon for the first time. I'm down in the cave with Bugenhagen, fighting all those nasty monsters, and when one of the enemies confront me and does the "Death Sentence" on me the whole screen goes banzai on me. I could take a picture of it if you really wanted me to, but basically it's just a lot of green or red lines flashing on the screen making it virtually impossible to see what happens. When the fight's done everything seems alright (everything being the pre-rendered backgrounds in the game) but if I access the menu it looks pretty much screwed up with all the colos being wrong and the text impossible to read.

So, anyone heard of this? I ran a search but couldn't really come up with something.

I've heard of somebody else stating that they had this problem, apparently it happens with 3.10+ POPS. (Feel free to correct me on that one, whichever one fixed the battle swirl ) The only way out would be to revert to a previous POPS version, but unfortunately you seem to not have a save file that would be compatible with it now. =(

Only thing I can think of is to hope a version of CWCheat was released when I wasn't looking that could export 3.40 POPS and import to a lower version.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey eatnooM, and yeah, I think the 3.11 POPS files will solve the problem. Or so they say After some tinkering I managed to get the 3.11 POPS files working on my PSP, just to find out that since I chose to convert my save files with 3.40 OE, they are no longer there in 3.11 POPS files, only 3.40 OE.

Sigh. I AM CRY Anyone know of any way to convert 3.40 saves to the previous version?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldhav View Post
    Sigh. I AM CRY Anyone know of any way to convert 3.40 saves to the previous version?
    No. That's why it says on the readme to save backups.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicboy 101 View Post
    No. That's why it says on the readme to save backups.
    Actually, I did make a backup of the saves, thank you very much, but that doesn't help me a lot since I've played 3-4 hours since the switch to 3.40. I'd have to replay that time and I'm not really up to that.

I'll just move on to FFIX or something then.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eldhav View Post
    Actually, I did make a backup of the saves, thank you very much, but that doesn't help me a lot since I've played 3-4 hours since the switch to 3.40. I'd have to replay that time and I'm not really up to that.

I'll just move on to FFIX or something then.
    Nah, the game should still play. Just fight blind on it or convert the save for use with the PC using CWCheat, so you can play past that bit.

Cloudy

DCEmu Newbie

Default Solution

Actually there is a solution to the problem.

I downloaded 0.1.7. rev C of CWCheat and installed it. When entering the game (at the loading screen, NEW GAME/CONTINUE), with the 3.40 firmware, I press select button, go to "manage memory card" and choose "save memory card 1 to memory stick".

Now, if I plug in the USB and check H:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc, I can see my MCR-file there. Yay!

If I boot up the game and go with 3.11 POPS, and just after the the whole "Licensed by Sony/PIaystation logo" has faded away, I go with select, manage memory cards and then "load memory card 1 from memory stick", and yay, we have 3.40 saves on a 3.11 POPS.

I don't know if the solution is worth it's own post, but spread the word if it's ever needed!

That sounds vaguely like what I stated to hope for in my previous post. Glad it is indeed the case, enjoy your save =)

Thread Information