Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for coder =good opertunity=

Needed Tools Looking for coder =good opertunity=

hi! I'm working on my own medieval type action game, and i need some help, i can only model, and i don't want to worry about coding.

I'm pretty sure this needs to be coded in one of those 'c' languages, so if your up for a challenge, and a rewarding outcome you can help me with this.
    i have already started working on the characters, here are they're screen shots just so you know that i'm not waisting you time.

Attachment 18705
    Attachment 18706
    Attachment 18707
    Attachment 18708
    Attachment 18709
    Attachment 18710
    Attachment 18711
    Attachment 18712

this has potential to be a really cool homebrew, i just need to convince someone it's a good idea

Many people would be willing to help, but it would be VERY hard to build an entire 3d game from the ground up.

if i knew how to do stuff like this in lua i'd help.

^ ^
    He wants the game in C

Dark Heart why dont you just learn the language yourself then once it is completed you can call it your own game as you had done it yourself.

You are going to need to find a good C coder to code that

PSN ID: splodger15

no way in hell I'm gonna learn to code, besides, I'm good enough at media, and i need to be working on that. i need someone else to do the coding, someone who already knows the basics of coding.

and, it shouldn't be too hard if we use one of those psp engines.

also, i'm partly doing this so that when i get a job in media this looks good on my resume----did i spell that right?
    and, if your a coder it'd look good with you

but look, i don't know that much about coding, i can't tell the difference between lua and c, aside from the fact that lua is easier, if you can convince me that lua will also work as well, you can join

Quote Originally Posted by dark heart View Post
    no way in hell I'm gonna learn to code, besides, I'm good enough at media, and i need to be working on that. i need someone else to do the coding, someone who already knows the basics of coding.

and, it shouldn't be too hard if we use one of those psp engines.

also, i'm partly doing this so that when i get a job in media this looks good on my resume----did i spell that right?
    and, if your a coder it'd look good with you

but look, i don't know that much about coding, i can't tell the difference between lua and c, aside from the fact that lua is easier, if you can convince me that lua will also work as well, you can join

Hmm... a 3D engine would almost be extremely hard to impossible(to my knowledge) in C, and utterly impossible in LUA. Do you know of an engine for the computer to run the characters? If you do maybe you should create a computer version first, then after a while try to assemble a team of coders.

But first things first. Nothing comes fast, ya know?
    Try to make at least a clone of the game you want to create pn the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Hmm... a 3D engine would almost be extremely hard to impossible(to my knowledge) in C, and utterly impossible in LUA.

It would be possible in C although it will take some time it wont just be a 1 week job. You are correct on the Lua side

PSN ID: splodger15

DCEmu Coder

Funny to see, I am also busy with medieval/fantasy 3D adventure rpg. I'm making the 3D engine from scratch and I must say it is not impossible, however i must also say, i have not gotten skinned meshes to work as of yet but I will succeed in it eventually.:thumbup:

However if you have never programmed in C or C++ it will be a very difficult to impossible job to make it on your own and before the PSP2 will be released I guess so finding a coder will be the better choice for you IMHO.

Anyway I hope you find someone.

ghoti, if your already making a medieval rpg why dony u work with him?

look for an open source 3d engine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information