Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DCEmu Asks - What Inspired You to Buy the Consoles You Own?

Blog Entries

General games DCEmu Asks - What Inspired You to Buy the Consoles You Own?

ahh its nice to actually sit at my laptop and do a bit of posting and with all the negativity from other sites towards consoles i thought it would be nice to remember what inspired us all to buy the Consoles we own.

Ill start myself and let others follow and either agree or disagree with my views.

Sony PSP.

When i first received my PSP i was amazed at the graphics, PS2 Quality graphics on a handheld, the ability to play DVD Quality movies. The system really packed some major processing power for a handheld console. The possibility of games never seen before in the palm of your hand was amazing.

Nintendo DS

Ive always been a Nintendo Fan and the game Mario 64 on DS promised Nintendo 64 graphics on a handheld. Graphics were better than GBA but on the first games not much difference, the area the DS really impressed me was the Dual Screen and the new avenues that opened up, the thought of games such as RTS and Sim games coming to the DS made it one of the most exciting consoles in a long time. Also playing the likes of Mario Kart on Wifi against anyone in the world is simply awesome.

Nintendo Wii

The first time i spotted the E3 video of the Wiimote in action i knew that the Wii would be a new era in Video Games, the thought of playing sword games, golf games and the likes of the Star Wars lightsabre games with a wiimote had me drooling at the mouth. The promise of Worldwide Wifi gaming is also a massive factor.

Xbox 360

The original Xbox was awesome for FPS games and ports of PC Classics to the console and the first time i seen an Xbox 360 game playing on a HD TV i was majorly impressed. The graphics were of a quality i had not seen before. The Xbox Live Network is another great plus for playing against people worldwide.

PS3

The PS3 is more than just a console its an HD Multmedia Center and the games when playing via an HD TV look for sure from a different generation from the ones we are used to. Blueray films are amazing, the quality of the picture at 1080i is draw dropping.

Theres just a few of my thoughts about the current generation of mainstream video game consoles. Despite all the negativity we have systems that are bringing some incredible games into our homes and in a way we never dreamed of years ago.

What inspired you to buy the consoles you own ?

PSP

my brother gave me his old one because i helped him buy his new one.

DS

i bought it because i wanted to have a lot of fun with my family and friends.

Wii

i still need to get mine.

Im a fan of all video games, so bought all consoles.
    In order of "bestness"
    Xbox 360
    Nintendo DS
    PS3
    PSP
    Nintendo Wii
    (Please dont flame, just my personal preference)
    -Xiofire

PSP
    I was overcome by the GFX at the time on the console also I was inspired by the great homebrew scene so I went out and purchased one.

Wii
    Purchased one waiting for it to come I should recieve it on tuesday.
    I purchased this console as the controller movement inspired me to get one the way you would move the controller to and the mods you can have for it aswell.

PS3
    Planning on purchasing one of these later in the year looks a nice console plus I have always preferred a Sony console to a Microsoft console

PSN ID: splodger15

Blog Entries

Wii
    got tired of playing alone and now everyone from my neighbor to my mom wants to play too.

PSP
    near ps2 graphics plus media playback on a handheld. nuff said

DS
    3d graphics plus touchscreen should= great FPS. still waiting...

^ ^
    in order of bestness

PSP
    Loved my cousins' one, I wanted one,and there it was

GBA
    It was the ultimate in portable gaming
    NGC
    Residnet Evil 4, got it sold after i beat it ........

Wii (Coming Soon )
    The control, the games, the weight loss..............

A newly equipped PC
    I had 16Mb of video, Pentium III and Win 98, It just died in front of me some days ago

PSP
    The graphics, MP3, Photo viewing, Web browser, and GTALCS was what made me buy my PSP. When i first got it. My PSP was on 2.00 firmware. I never knew about the homebrew scene so i updated to 2.60, then found out that there was a 2.00 downgrader. I followed the homebrew scene for some time. Once eloader from Fanjita was out, That when i really started to get into homebrew. When Sony dropped 2.70 i was at a dilemma. Either update to 2.70 to play new games or wait it out for a downgrader. My luck paid off as Dark_Alex released the 2.60 downgrader. Thats when my homebrew experience truly started. Here i am now, a happy OE user. In my opinion the PSP, when homebrew enabled, is the best handheld

WII
    I got interested in the Nintendo WII from the innovated way you actually play the games. The first time i seen a commercial for WII sports. I was absolutely fascinated.

of the current gen consoles i have:

WII

when i saw how you could play games on wii it blew my mind away and still does so, its greatly innovative and ill always been a nintendo lover but when this hit the shelves it just stole my heart <3 :rofl:

PSP

the psp was an amazing media center and had a reasonable price, i wanted to experience this level of graphics and fuctionality on a handheld, the big screen was a plus too. Plus i wasnt really familair with sony so PSP gave me an in on what sony was like. The homebrew scene of PSP is just simply thriving and it really kept me entertained with my psp.

Dreamcast: I bought it in the summer of 06, I was amazed by how graphically powerfull it was, capable of displaying better more detailed textures then a PS2 and GC (8MB vs. 4MB, 6MB). I really love the games that are on it, and of course the great homebrew scene, sucks how its gone now.

Xbox/Xbox 360

After the N64 was nearing the end of its short life time I needed another console, at first I wanted a PS2, until I went to a cousins house and saw him playing Halo, then I bought a Xbox. Since I had a big library of first Xbox games and I loved Perfect Dark the 360 was the best choice.

PSP I didn't buy it for the mediocre graphics, or the crappy Dreamcast ports, but more for the homebrew!

Sega Genesis Sonic of course!

N64 The great games it had, it had a lot of great party games that could keep you entertained for hours!

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Sony PSP
    Shiny new technology. Who could resist. However, it didn't live up to my expectations of what a portable handheld console could be. Many of the games feel as if they should be played on a living room console rather then a handheld.

Nintendo DS
    I was and still am a Nintendo fan. Many of the games are unique to this console and that alone makes it worth owning. A true pick up and play handheld console. (Still debating on getting a DS lite over my old DS)

Nintendo Wii
    E3 2006. 'nuff said.

Xbox 360
    Got a great deal off a friend, Live arcade and online gaming.

GP2X
    The community and the fact that it is the successor to the GP32 was enough to warrant the purchase. Great emulators and homebrew plus a decent media player.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information