Thread: Magazine Confirms MGS4 For Xbox 360, Not PS3 Exclusive.

Default Magazine Confirms MGS4 For Xbox 360, Not PS3 Exclusive.

Via PS3 Center

A Swedish gaming magazine by the name of Super Play is either trying to stir up a lot of trouble or has one hell of an inside source as they have stated that Metal Gear Solid 4 will not be a PS3 exclusive as it will also be headed to the Xbox 360.

This rumor has been something which has been circulating for quite some time nown with some truth to it at first followed by the rumor being squashed. Hideo Kojima has come out in the past stating that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be an exclusive to the PS3. The thought process though was that it could be an exclusive and still come out on the Xbox 360 as long as there was a time-frame between the releases of the game.

The PS3 version is scheduled to be out fairly soon as the magazine reported that the Xbox 360 version could be expected by the end of 2008. The magazine stated that the Xbox 360 version of the game is going to feature bonus features including VR missions and possible added online play.

These type of rumors have been circulating for quite some time but the magazine is passing it off as a fact. More as it breaks on this development. If true, this could be a huge blow to Sony and the PlayStation 3.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good to hear. As a 360 owner I'll be glad to be getting MGS4. We can't let PS3 owners have all the fun with Snake can we?

Yes we should get all the fun with snake :P

I hope its a rumor.

Also kaiser, cant you put one of these in the PS3 news too?
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

sound fake news to me. It sure give them a great exposure.

I hope to God this isnt true. Why is Microsoft just buying out all the compotition? You dont see Sony offering money for Gears, Fable, Shadowrun or Halo 3. They already bought Devil May Cry 4 off Capcom along with Resident Evil. Theres even rumours their trying to get Tekken 6.
    It will only result in MGS 4 being worse, as they will have to downgrade it for 360, to fit it on its DVD's.
    Sorry had to rant, tis annoying.
    -Xiofire

I hope it's true. Now all we need is FFXIII

DCEmu Newbie

It has already been confirmed as false - was just a ploy by the magazine in order to gain publicity. Although the magazine itself never actually said the game would be going to the 360, they said there was a "possibility" - but they had no facts or quotes from the makers of MGS.

So I wouldn't say it is a set bet just yet - just wait and see whether the MGS team confirm it. If it is to be released on the 360, then it would be about a year after it has been out on the PS3 - so it would still somewhat be a PS3 exclusive (for a year or so anyway).

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Xiofire View Post
    I hope to God this isnt true. Why is Microsoft just buying out all the compotition? You dont see Sony offering money for Gears, Fable, Shadowrun or Halo 3. They already bought Devil May Cry 4 off Capcom along with Resident Evil. Theres even rumours their trying to get Tekken 6.
    It will only result in MGS 4 being worse, as they will have to downgrade it for 360, to fit it on its DVD's.
    Sorry had to rant, tis annoying.
    -Xiofire
    Microsoft didn t buy the competition. sony loose there exclusive cause there isn t enough ps3 hardware sale.

Game are incredibly expenssive to devellope. there isn't enough ps3 sold for game company to make money.

it s a vicious circle...they need exclussive game too sell more console, and they need to sell more console to get exclussive ...

Yet more FUD. It was already said by Kojima that it's PS3 exclusive.

Thread Information