Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.50 OE Custom Firmware To be Released Later

Blog Entries

psp 3.50 OE Custom Firmware To be Released Later

Mathieulh posted this update on the status of the Custom Firmware News:

ok a little update on 3.50.

It will be a little more difficult to code a 3.50OE because SCE changed the prx format those are now elfs marked as 0 sections. This means that current tools cannot disassemble those and thus it will be harder to reverse, we need to get ourselves complying tools before going on. We will keep you updated of any progress.

By the way Alex is currently taking exams so he is busy, don't expect a 3.50OE within the next few days.

Nice to have an update on the situation, im sure we can all wait for the next release

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

No need to have this OE unless there is a major change/addition to something. I'll stick with my 3.40OE
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    No need to have this OE unless there is a major change/addition to something. I'll stick with my 3.40OE
    Yes, indeed. There are no main known advantages to this, so i don't really see the point to be honest.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Well dax always seems to improve upon each new OE, so there might be some great improvements.

yeah maybe sony has improved the psx emu. anyways good luck in the exams dax.:thumbup:

I hope Dark_Alex addresses the compatibility problems with slower memory sticks that have been present in the last few custom firmwares with this upcoming release.

DCEmu Newbie

You know what I think it's best that I get updated cause you may never know that GOW will require a 3.50

Yeah, i dont see a HUGE need for this right now. I mean the only reason i want the OE is so I can access my ps3 from anywhere that has a hotspot mwahaha. Other then that im content with 3.40 OE

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    I agree completely. Obviously SONY is getting a little more crafty and making it more difficult to make custom firmware so why should Dark_AleX & team reveal their secrets on this firmware update. I'm pretty sure there has not been any improvement on the POPS emulator. No commercial games require 3.50 to play.

Nobody can argue with a new OE custom firmware if that is what Dark_AleX decides to do. But what if after a 3.50 OE, SONY finds a way to make it even more difficult. Sony has a major update in the works (4.00) - I'd much rather have a 4.00 OE.

I say it all the time, its sort of like a Poker game. We need to keep our poker face on. I'm not sure Dark_AleX will want to reveal his hand so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by comicgeek View Post
    You know what I think it's best that I get updated cause you may never know that GOW will require a 3.50
    I'm certain that God of War will require 4.xx firmware. With the way that SONY constantly updates its firmware for the PSP, do you really think that from now till November there will not be more updates? If there are no more new downgraders by November of this year, with all of the great commercial games being released SONY will have a near stranglehold on the homebrew scene growing larger. There will be a lot of people with 4.xx firmware PSP's discovering that there is this great "underground" PSP community and they will realize that they are too late. So I hope we can all work together to discover more exploits in the upcoming firmwares.

Well put! That's exactly what I was thinking.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information