Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unreleased Game: Sonic X-treme (NiGHTS Version) Video

Quote Originally Posted by Graxer0419 View Post
    Shenmue was for the Dreamcast not Saturn!
    Shenmue was developed for Saturn, but later moved to Dreamcast.

There's a tech demo uploaded on youtube

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Shenmue was developed for Saturn, but later moved to Dreamcast.

There's a tech demo uploaded on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE2smkBf5kg
    The Dreamcast version was re-textured, I would love to add the unfinished Saturn Shenmue to my collection thou that would never be possible!

Yes, also you can see in the end of the video a scene that wasn't released for Dreamcast

Blog Entries

Yes, also you can see in the end of the video a scene that wasn't released for Dreamcast
    I think because Shenmue is a Trilogy and all 3 were possibly made for the Saturn, but only 2 have ever surfaced (on the Dreamcast, and the 2nd re-released on Xbox)...

...Shenmue3 is going to be on Xbox360!

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    I think because Shenmue is a Trilogy and all 3 were possibly made for the Saturn, but only 2 have ever surfaced (on the Dreamcast, and the 2nd re-released on Xbox)...

The video you posted is fake

I don't remember the link, but Suzuki said he wanted to make 15+ chapters on Dreamcast, sadly it got few chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios I Komnenos View Post
    Those are great games in their own right but I wouldn't consider them "killer apps."

They just didn't have the brand power of Sonic. Just try and remember how popular Sonic was in the 90s.
    I would consider Virtua Fighter a killer app, that game was wwwaaayyyy more popular in japan than in America. It was the first 3d fighter (minuse some boxing game, but thats more of a different genre). The game in arcades was already rediculosly popular and to think you could own your own copy.

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    Please be it so!... This'll make me buy a 360!!!!
    That trailer vagely reminded me of Shenmue online (the rooftop fights).

Blog Entries

The video you posted is fake

I don't remember the link, but Suzuki said he wanted to make 15+ chapters on Dreamcast, sadly it got few chapters.
    15 Chapters? Each game a chapter of it's own is a bit much, thou the first 2 were good. I thought Ryo's journey would've been shorter, but if Sega can keep Shenmue going with another 13 or so more to make the 15 then they should because it would compete with other on going games like Final Fantasy...

...Also I want that video to be real, cause when I get an Xbox360 that would be the one game I would be sure to buy. Without Shenmue there are no "real" good games!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Now I want a dreamcast. Thanks alot guys, ya jerks.
    Well get a Dreamcast then! :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by Dull Blade View Post
    I would consider Virtua Fighter a killer app, that game was wwwaaayyyy more popular in japan than in America. It was the first 3d fighter (minuse some boxing game, but thats more of a different genre). The game in arcades was already rediculosly popular and to think you could own your own copy.
    You are exactly right. Virtua Fighter is what made the Saturn's release in Japan leave the Playstation in the dust and helped it sell over a million systems in just 2 months. On release it sold 500,000 and VF sold 1:1 with the system. VF2 was even bigger though, shops all over Japan opened up at midnight on 1 December 1995 when that game was released and there were thousands of people lining up to buy it. It was as big as a release of a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest game at the time. It is quite sad tyo see in contrast that VF5 only sold a lousy 35,000 copies on the PS3

But back to topic, I will never forgive Sonic Team for not making a Sonic game on the Saturn, THEY could have used their Nights engine themselves and made a good game. The bonus part of Sonic Jam makes me think of what might have been.... Stupid Sonic Team! Now they have killed Sonic off for good with that pathetic excuse for a game on the 360 and PS3. It was supposed to be Sonic's rebirth after years of subpar US made games and instead it was like a final nail in the coffin. R.I.P dear Sonic, you will be sorely missed but I will never forget that day back in July 1991 when I fell in love with your game for the first time.

As for Shenmue's fate, we can only hope that with the success of Ryu ga Gotoku in Japan (which showed Shenmue like games can be a success) that Sega will finally allow Suzuki Yu to finish his masterpiece up once and for all. Now that systems as powerful as the 360 and PS3 exist, his vision can surely be fullfilled!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information