Thread: Dc Emulator Noob

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy Dc Emulator Noob

I just recently download nullDC emulator and it took me about 2 hrs just to find bios that work for it. I have about 4 old dreamcast games and just want to know how to play them using the emu. I downloaded utopia boot disc v.1.2 and cdloader. I put them both in the plugin and they run. cd loader says to insert disc. but i still can't get the games to play. If anyone can help me that be cool.
    I've been trying for days.

Are those 4 games originals? Unfortunately original Dreamcast GD-ROM game data will not read on a PC CD/DVD drive.

Yeah, you can't play original Dreamcast games in NullDC or Chanka, only backups are supported.

- I know that's not what you've asked for but anyway: I recommend to look for a cheap DC at ebay.

DCEmu Newbie

so basically if i want to use the emulator i have to find dc iso files and download them . then burn them to a disc?

Quote Originally Posted by JRAUS1 View Post
    so basically if i want to use the emulator i have to find dc iso files and download them . then burn them to a disc?
    Well the best thing you can do is make an image of your GD, but it's not easy like a PlayStation 1/2 disc. Search on google for guides.

Of course there are many places on the web where you can find info on backups and how to create them, but please understand that DCEmu can't support you with that.

Thread Information