Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP needs a AAA title, says Sony

Anyone else get the feeling that Sony went about this whole thing half-$#@!ed? As much as I love my PSPs, and the games I play on them, there's still this sort of... unfinished/unsupported feel to the console.

If they'd put as much energy into their little baby from the start, and perhaps given serious consideration to sensibly officiating the homebrew scene, they'd probably be much happier with the way things worked out for them.

Gran Turismo for the psp would have sold the machine... its sad that this doesnt seem to be happening now though.

I've got CPS2 and PSPUAE on my PSP so who cares about anything else! lol

DCEmu Newbie

Its all about MHP2ND.

If i remember right that it sold over 1million units in the first week of launch and is still No 1 in the PSP charts in Japan.

I visited Tokyo and i saw more people playing PSP's on the trains and about town than DS's. Actually I can not remember seeing any one play a DS over there. Oh and every person who was playing a PSP was playing MHP2ND.

MHP2ND would be more appeling to people outside of Japan if the intital stages of the game progressed faster. TBH i find the game hard, although i know there are a lot of people who would disagree.

I still think Loco Roco, MHP are the 2 best titles on the system. Can't wait for MHP2ND to come out in europe in september.

I love my PSP, since i got my PS3 i been loving it even more (I'll be proper happy when i can stream a DVD thru remote play)

ARGH! It always infuriates me when I have to google something like "MHP2ND"...

Nice to hear things are going well for PSP in Japan.

My one frustration at the moment is that most of my friends who had PSPs have sold them, or given them away, and nobody else I meet (say, someone on a train) has both a PSP, and a copy of the same game for adhoc play.

In an ideal world, I'd be randomly trashing fellow passengers in Wipeout every morning, or winning their Carrera 4S in a Most Wanted challenge...

...but, alas, I find myself wandering the lonely road of the PSP alone most journeys.

maybe im missing something, but i think there are plenty of great games for psp
    MGS: PO
    MGA
    MGA2
    Monster Hunter
    VP: lenneth
    Gitaroo man
    me and my katamari
    SOCOM
    pursuit force
    Wipeout
    Daxter
    Ratchet
    mercury

some are ports and direct continuations of established games, but the production quality is incredible, and most [minus loading times] are more than suitable for short periods of play.

all psp games suck
    the only thing the psp is good for is homebrew

I don't understand these articles, they must be written by people who favour the DS. I look at the psp titles and then the DS. The best ones for the DS are Mario kart DS, Super Mario DS etc. They are mostly polished ports or squeals of games the were on the Nintendo 64! Especially mario DS, add more stars to get and more characters and then go and slate the PSP for PS2 ports?! At most the GTA games are the biggest ports but at least the whole game bar the map, cars and scenery have changed.

It just proves how the media drives the public opinion.

Sony really needs to produce a line of games like they did for ps2 (ex:GTA) that'd help them a lot.
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

DCEmu Newbie

I like the psp games and there is a pretty good selection of them out there and whats best is that there is a bunch of unique titles which are coming out for it.

Regarding the DS, well. The difference is riding a beatle compared to a Lamborghini. Both of them get you where u want to go but the difference is power and style and the worst part of DS is that most of the games are GBA game remade and guess what. The psp can play GBA games.

The main reason these days for the use of my psp is playing DivX on the tube and in a month or two I'll play games and then in a month or two I'll read pdf books etc.... the point is. When I get bored of a certain feature gets boring there is so many other aspect of the psp I can goto.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information