Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Give your opinion about your Playstation2, Xbox, or Gamecube

Blog Entries

I played my Dreamcast more than I played my PS2 and GameCube, the Dreamcast has been forgotten!

sega could not keep up with the n64 and ps1 so the dreamcast and sega died

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Line View Post
    sega could not keep up with the n64 and ps1 so the dreamcast and sega died
    SEGA and the Dreamcast only died because it was too far ahead of it's time and the only titles that were being released were poorly ported PS1 games, if the Dreamcast was released in late 2000 early 2001 I reckon that it would've survived the 128bit generation of home videogame entertainment - rather than having 32bit crap ported very poorly and not being able to show it's full potential

if they were ahead of their times.
    then they would be extremely popular now and stuff would be posted about them everywhere.
    and it would be what everyone was talking about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcajblue View Post
    if they were ahead of their times.
    then they would be extremely popular now and stuff would be posted about them everywhere.
    and it would be what everyone was talking about.
    It wasn't popular due to cheapass SONY fanboy developers who couldn't port games properly, plus it came out a whole year and a half before the next 128bit machine (PS2). And just after the PS2 and Dreamcast had some good 128bit support, the Xbox and GameCube were released...

...Which everyone knows that there isn't much room for 4 consoles in the current gaming market, and the oldest took the plunge as the newer machines became ever popular as game developers started releasing "Exclusives" to certain consoles where the Dreamcast had a catalogue of 32bit games ported from the PS2 that even the Saturn could handle. The Dreamcast was bought out at the worst possible time!

but if they were really popular.
    they still would be selling them.
    they could have been making consoles like the dreamcast 3.

It wasn't popular because the controller was crap and vmu unit was stupid.........and of course piracy. I have a Dreamcast, PS2 & Gamecube. I honestly don't see why everyone pretends to like to DC.........I don't get it? I love emulation, always have done but it's different for the PSP......it's portable of course, there's nothing my DC could do that my PC couldn't do better (than play DC games of course). Even power stone is far more enjoyable on the PSP.

Back to the topic..........PS2 all the way I'm afraid, it was the console that made my teenage years, As I hope the PS3 when I get one will make my early twenties!!!! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    SEGA and the Dreamcast only died because it was too far ahead of it's time and the only titles that were being released were poorly ported PS1 games
    And you forgot Sonic Adventure, House of the Dead 2, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally 2, Space Channel 5, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Chu Chu Rocket, Seaman, F355 Challenge.
    These titles weren't ports and were relased in 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcajblue View Post
    but if they were really popular.
    they still would be selling them.
    they could have been making consoles like the dreamcast 3.
    SEGA never put numbers on their consoles and give them the same name, unless it's another build of the same console...

...Dreamcast is actually quite popular, ask JKK or anyone that knows a thing or two about SEGA. A boxed Dreamcast with Shenmue and ShenmueII could sell for upwards of £150 (and more) on eBay, that is actually a lot for a 8 year old games console with 2 games - more than what a PS2 with at least 20 games would fetch!

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    And you forgot Sonic Adventure, House of the Dead 2, NFL 2K, NBA 2K, Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally 2, Space Channel 5, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Chu Chu Rocket, Seaman, F355 Challenge.
    These titles weren't ports and were relased in 1999.
    Woah, I was replying when you posted that...

...And no I didn't forget about them titles, mostly all of them games later appeared on PS2 GameCube and Xbox (because SEGA was ahead of it's time)

Only because there are less Dreamcasts and available games to go with it in the world VampDude.........Supply & Demand = simple economics

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information