Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PSP-290 GPS receiver tips and tricks

omkarame, it would probably be beter for you to go to deniska.dcemu.co.uk, follow the newbie report a few posts down, this should get you up and running.

Problem is i live in the UK and i cannot find anywhere except ebay that will ship here, can anyone help?

Cheers

im thinking of buying one, but i dont want it if its gunna be crap.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by omkarame View Post
    hi there ,
    i am totaly new on this website and i want to know if some one can help me with the gps suytem. i have 290 psp gps reciver wich i bought from playasia.com website.but i dont have navigation software to use with gps for psp ,could some body please help me out or tell me how i can create a navigation software for psp.i live in canada so i need software for canada.I will be thank ful to every body who can help me with this situation.please explain in detail how to create it or use it,thank you,hope to hear from some one soon.
    You should be able to find all the information you need if you searched from this site.

Quote Originally Posted by atari800 View Post

Is cable length an issue?
    is there an optimum length, like 1 meter? or something not to be exceeded?

question:
    What was average time to get fixed? Trip time in pictures shows 18 minutes. I know it doest take that long...did it?

You rule man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /|\
    I am sure it will become an issue at some point, but definitely for 1 meter cables..

The fix took ~ 1 minute (note that it was a really good day - clear skys and all), but I did some tests with the unit and took some test shots and videos trying to get the best angle and all.
    BTW, here is one of those test videos:
    http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/images/psp290/TEST.AVI

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSP 290 in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by michael_dack_2005 View Post
    omkarame, it would probably be beter for you to go to deniska.dcemu.co.uk, follow the newbie report a few posts down, this should get you up and running.

Problem is i live in the UK and i cannot find anywhere except ebay that will ship here, can anyone help?

Cheers

http://www.discochip.com/tienda/cata...4/language/GB/

I got mine from this website, it's mainly in Spanish but you can change the language on the left of the page, I paid an extra £15 for the quick shipping and received it 4 days later (I ordered it on the Sunday Morning before the May bank holiday). Its a little bit more expensive than ebay but the ones on there all ship from China and can takes ages to reach you, and you usually get ripped off on the postage costs.

Hope this helps

DCEmu Newbie

Playasia.com should ship to anywhere and the price may be better, as are many ebay items.

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy helpppp version 3.5 psp

im having a hell of a time getting this to work with version 3.5. is there a way i can downgrade my psp? or do you have instructions on how to make this work for my psp??

Quote Originally Posted by mafiaxxx View Post
    im having a hell of a time getting this to work with version 3.5. is there a way i can downgrade my psp? or do you have instructions on how to make this work for my psp??
    make sure you clean all the dead skin out of the two terminals each side of the psp usb where the power pins locate.

DCEmu Newbie

Default cannot load game

Quote Originally Posted by drEDN4wt View Post
    make sure you clean all the dead skin out of the two terminals each side of the psp usb where the power pins locate.
    no its the software
    i keep getting a message that says game cannot load

Quote Originally Posted by mafiaxxx View Post
    If you have the Mapthis! map on your PSP in GAME350, put it in GAME150.

Put Kernel on 1.5, and off you go if al went well.

Just try different combinations of kernel, and the map to place it in if my advice doesn't work, but what's above worked for me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information