Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brothers in Arms DS

Blog Entries

NDS Brothers in Arms DS

New from Play Asia

features
    Brothers In Arms® on DS for the first time: Game exclusively designed for the DS with easy-to-use, stylus-based controls such as the screen aiming system.
    Impressive, realistic 3D graphics: Incredibly detailed environments, highly believable characters and enemies, cinematic camera angles, and great animation.
    Drivable vehicles: Drive a 4x4 or a Sherman tank and use a wide range of weapons (bazooka, sniper rifle, grenades, and more) to destroy the enemy.
    16 missions and three different campaigns: Relive the intensity of WWII through three different campaigns, from North Africa to Normandy.
    Redesigned new multiplayer experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with three of your friends with different multiplayer modes including Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.
    Contextual movements: Gameplay adapted to the DS hardware with auto-cover behind walls or auto-recovering life system.
    An unrivaled sense of drama: Stronger emotional factor due to the third-person view and dialogue between the soldiers.

description
    The critically acclaimed WWII shooter is now available on Nintendo DS™ for the first time. Discover a completely redesigned game that fully takes advantage of the DS functionalities.

This is actually good although the framerate is not the best.

DCEmu Newbie

I agree 100%, this game really surprised me, I wasn't expecting this game to play so well.

Right now I'm almost done with Normandy, and I've had to slow myself down on purpose from blazing through it. The gameplay has thus far been dynamic enough to hold my attention, from driving tanks, snipe missions, planting charges, down to driving over "jerries" in a jeep

Multiplayer is limited to local wifi with friends, which is kinda sad, because the game also plays very well in death match. Grenades are extremely powerful, and can be used effectively in rooting out campers/snipers, as well as a salt-and-pepper combination to flush out a blind spot with a 'nade and pepper whatever comes out with bullets.

Visually, the game is on par with a ps1 game, and although the framerate has dropped at times, it does not seem to drop beyond the point of hindering playability. I have read that this game is actually a port of a cellphone game, which would lead one to believe that a DS specific build from the ground up would deliver a more lavish geometry engine.

With that said, this is my current favorite DS game, and preferred FPS, pushing Metroid off it's throne.

DCEmu Newbie

It's not a FPS, the game plays at the third person view. Yes, you control a character and you aim with the stylus to shoot like Metroid, but it's not an FPS.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rigor View Post
    It's not a FPS, the game plays at the third person view. Yes, you control a character and you aim with the stylus to shoot like Metroid, but it's not an FPS.
    The onscreen character makes actions like taking cover behind objects easier to do.

For all intents and purposes, everything controls and plays exactly like an FPS.

Is this game online?

DCEmu Newbie

this is a great game. and im not a fan of war games but i think this is one of the best ds games

Quote Originally Posted by dylandangles View Post
    Is this game online?
    Buy some glasses.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrule_boy View Post
    Buy some glasses.
    Ouch.

But yeah, it's HARD to believe this game DOES NOT HAVE ONLINE multiplayer. It's soo good! Grenades are seriously fun!

DCEmu Rookie

this game is awesome guys, i didn't expect much out of it from the earlier screen shots, but once i played the first stage, i knew this was gonna be a great game. They should've used up 128 megs though, im pretty sure that the game would've probably looked better and have more guns and some more things if it was a larger game (as in the memory it takes up on the cartridge). Hopefully Ubisoft decides to make another BIA game for the ds, and adds a wi-fi option along with a few improvements over the game play. I can really see a lot more shooters coming out for the ds that can compete with this game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information