Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP 3rd Party Battery Question **please help**

Default PSP 3rd Party Battery Question **please help**

Hey I know about this battery from PlayAsia and it looks to me like it's the same size as the original battery and that's all you need to install and run this battery. The battery I'm looking to purchase if all abover assumptions are correct, well the battery looks like this:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...y-70-1g7u.html

I see batteries like this on Ebay claiming to be 3600mah batteries but I'm 99% sure they're fake:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Life-3600...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway I'm trying to find a place to buy this battery as long as it doesn't add ANY BULK to my PSP, I'm currently using the 2200mah Stamina one and I would like more juice. So can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy one, I searched on google for a while and no luck. I just want to make sure it doesn't add anymore size to my PSP and where to buy it since PlayAsia hasn't had it since FOREVER.

edit: READ MY LAST POST PLEASE!!

No, its acutally not the same size. it sticks out the back. you use an expanded size battery cover for it.
    i use an external battery pack which has 8000mah in it.
    also, those have a tendancy to overheat, lose capacity when charged too much, and explode.
    The best to go with is the 2200mah made by sony for $60. They are the only ones that dont overheat or explode and have a stable capacity.
    Heres the link to that one:
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-10u7.html

I'm using the 2200mah Battery now it works great but how does the following battery shape up:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1jka.html

Does that battery add any bulk like the one, looks like it might since it's that same "MEGA" brand, but I had to ask. Right now I use the 2200mah one and I don't have any problems with it but I would liek mroe juice. Please could you help me out and tell me if that battery is liek the last one you told me about.

Come on someone please help me out with my question above please.

I wouldn't trust it, because it's 12 bucks.

Well I might get it off a different site but does that battery actually fit into the PSP without having to put a new battery cover or anything on there.

Iīm testing a 3rd party battery of 3600 Mah called "Fits Sony" but i dont belive in it is real 3600 mah. Waching a 20 min movie drained about 20% of this charge.. but when i played YS 6 for one hour it changed the charge from 50 to 45%... very, very strange... after some days of testing i will post some results.

Does it fit into the PSP without any changing of the battery cover issues?

Yes, it fits.. its the same size of a official Sony 1800 Mah battery.

Well ... after one day it fall from 35% to 0% in minutes ! And wen i tried start the PSP the backlight is shutdow but PSP not.. and freezes... itīs doesnīt sound good.
    Itīs the first charge but i will give another chance to it.

Im using the official sony 2200mAh battery, it was ike 20$, brand new. Go with that, or buy two, they're worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information