Thread: I just bought...

DCEmu Newbie

Default I just bought...

One of these!!

I am the happiest man on Earth. It was sitting on a shelf at a local gamestore that I check regularly. It was in its box, which was slightly beat up, but everything inside was in perfect condition. Looks like it might've only been played a couple times. For $100, I got: The Sakura Wars edition Pink Dreamcast, Controller, VMU, Rumble Pack, Keyboard, and Sakura Wars 1-3 (And #2 is UNOPENED, which I intend to keep that way)

Just thought I'd brag, because I am so stoked right now...

Well first of all congratulations! Don't forget you cannot run homebrew on this Dreamcast version

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Well first of all congratulations! Don't forget you cannot run homebrew on this Dreamcast version
    Bleh, that throws a wrench into my plans <_< Any way to mod it? Through a quick google search, I'm seeing some mod chip options like "dreamchip"... I don't know why someone with a normal DC would need one, but if it would enable homebrew on a collector's edition DC then I'd totally get it...

On this edition, Sega removed the MIL-CD compatibility.

Personally I would prefer to buy a cheap normal Dreamcast console and then use the homebrew

While it may be true what JKK was saying, you should give it a try first, just to be sure. Download an image from www.dcevolution.net and burn it with Alcohol120% and let us know if it worked.

Anyway, if it works or not: congrats on your purchase

Thread Information