Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 piracy begins

Default PS3 piracy begins

***This in no way supports piracy, just reporting the news because this could lead to homebrew exploits! Dont talk about PS3 rips***

Via MCV UK

Hackers have successfully broken into older versions of Sony's PS3 firmware to boot copied games, though homebrew is a way off.

Just over six months after it first hit the shelves, hackers claim to have successfully circumnavigated the PS3’s anti-piracy software by exploiting firmware versions 1.10 and 1.11, CVG reports.

By doing so they have successfully booted up copied versions of PS3 games – although at the moment, hackers are yet to get the copied software to run. To date there has also been no success in getting the console to run homebrew software.

Despite Sony’s ongoing efforts to halt it, the PSP is home to a thriving homebrew community, and the publisher will no doubt be hoping that the PS3 does not go the same way.

However, the fact that networking and internet connections are so integral to the PS3 experience works in Sony’s favour, as any user who wishes to modify their machines faces the prospect of being cut off from Sony’s PlayStation Network.

Microsoft has implemented similar measures with its Xbox 360, blocking access to Xbox Live.

------

Only discuss about this issue as a way to find a exploit for homebrew. Not about piracy.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Hope this does not mean the beginning of the end

why does this always happen to sony lol

i mean
    ps2 independance hack
    psp countermeasures broken multiple times
    now this?

havent they got around microsofts security measures also so you can still play online

This doesn't say how the backups are played which would help us in finding a way for homebrew to be played. I've heard that it is through the PS1 save data in metal gear solid vr training.

if it is through "PS1 save data in metal gear solid vr training"... then it's random as anything

DCEmu Legend

I don't buy this. Paradox said they would release their loader on the Euro launch date. Its been nearly 3 months since and where is it? Apparently it was finished for the JP and US versions yet, its not out?

This is just a bull$#@! rumor.

ha ha ha. interesting.... i will see games in mexico with a bible full of ps3 titles ( i can see it now) lmfao!!!!! :rofl:

DCEmu Coder

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post

By doing so they have successfully booted up copied versions of PS3 games – although at the moment, hackers are yet to get the copied software to run. To date there has also been no success in getting the console to run homebrew software.
    Thats not true.
    http://mc.pp.se/ps3/

edit: Remember Marcus Comstedt from the Dreamcast scene startup? thats right!
    &&
    Don't dream, play DreamCast!!!

Good news! PlayStation 3 will die!

i doubt this is accurate, but if a homebrew scene starts up for ps3 i might consider getting one.
    Wii Homebrew: Chippy - Chip8 Emulator
    SameGame - Version 1.0

Homebrew PSP Games: Color Puzzle - Version: r2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information