Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP heat issues

Default PSP heat issues

ok so im loading things onto my PSP yesterday morining, and the memory stick stopped working after i disconnected. I thought it was the usual cheap fake memorystick problems, but last night i popped it back into my psp, and everything was fine. I then proceeded to go onto the internet browser. This is when i statred to notice the massive amount of heat comming from the left side where my memorystick goes. Im not talking a little warm either, im talking full out heat wave, its ****ed up, does anybody know what this could be, its never happened before. I think it may be a dust collection near the places on the PSP where heat is supposed to escape, does anybody know where that is Either ?

i really have no idea but 1 of my psp's the wifi and the memory sticks dont work and i think this is the reason!

wow man bummer

I've noticed a little additional heat coming from the left when using WiFi consistently for long periods of time (Like streaming video or audio).

It tends to help if I prop the PSP up so the backside isn't resting on anything (table, hand, etc...). Keeps the heat from building up too much.

^^ yea ive dun that cus ive learned from my mistakes lol, but as they say, how can ya learn from ur mistakes if ya dont make any? hehe

If the heat is VERY strong you could always, *gulp* ask sony.

Ya, well im never asking sony, screw that, its too old for them to care. Btw, the heat may have bee comming from hving it rested on a blanket. And i also found out that the little gold coulored metal receptors on the memory stick were accually corroding, it looks like the tarnish that brass gets. i think my memory card is ****ed !

You say you noticed the heat when you went into the web browser, I'm assuming you had wifi enabled then.

There were issues with the WIFI hardware in earlier PSPs overheating, I would be more concerned with that rather than the mstick.
    Im pretty sure I remember reading sony changed the wifi hardware in more recent models.

If it gets too hot it could fry something internally and brick the thing, try to minimise WIFI usage for long periods would be your best bet I would say.

A PSP should not get hot just from sitting on, or even under a blanket, unless it's a switched on electric blanket of course.

Ya, thats a problem i suppose, but he corroding memory stick could be just as bad.

DCEmu Pro

you could try and get one of those attachable fans that go on the top of your psp. I heard they weren't needed because the psp rerely overheats, but i guess it might help your situation a little.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information