Thread: Extracting Geodata for MapThis, is there a chance?

Question Extracting Geodata for MapThis, is there a chance?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (also new to the PSP world, as I had already bought it but haven't got it so far), and I'm very much interested in Mapthis.

I have done some research in the forum, and know by now that geodata (which is necessary for driving directions, for instance) is only freely available for US, regretfully, as I am currently in Europe.

Based on that, I have the following question: supposing that I own a copy of some navigation software (Tom Tom, Magellan, you name it), is there a way of extracting the geodata from it, and using it on MapThis?.

I thank you in advance for your answer, and would appreciate any pointers/hints in that respect.
    Regards,
    Barba

chance are your propriatary data will be encrypted..but if you can make sence of it you can try to convert it to mapThis format, which I can post, if needed...

DCEmu Newbie

Is it possible to get it from I-go? I own it. It is preatty nice since I-go has all Eu countries covered.

DCEmu Newbie

information on how to do this would be great. id like to figure out how to do this for an Australian map

DCEmu Newbie

yea that would be cool. Especially since there are some companies who publish their own open source geodata for several countries.

If i just understood more about that q.q

Thread Information