Thread: is my dreamcast broke?

Default is my dreamcast broke?

ok this is whats wrong with it (im not sure casue i havent plugged it up in like 3 years)
    i plug everything up the power cord the av cord to the tv these are old 2 when i plug in the av cord it like doesnt go in all the way
    ok so i turn it on the orange light comes on i hear the disc spinning but i dont have anything on my screen and the vmu beeps and the a koala bear come ont he vmu screen with like a frown or something

is my dreamcasy broke or am i doing something wrong?

now i can get the dreamcast to connect to the tv but all i see is a black screen

Perhaps your cable isn't working anymore ? Also check your TV's input setting.

i have use a few cables that i found none i can test to see if they work but what do u mean by settings on my tv

In some CRTs you have to set the channels to get a picture: In my (European) TV it's channel 36 for RF and AV1 for RGB Scart. In addition on my previous TV (now in our living room) I need to set the channel first and then turn on the DC before I can get a picture.

What cable are you using and what TV (CRT, LCD, etc.) ?

DCEmu Rookie

the adapter description doesn't say anything about supporting the dreamcast at all. so may be thats the problem

Thread Information