Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Releases That Would Be Awesome

Blog Entries

psp 5 Releases That Would Be Awesome

Since the PSP Homebrew scene began (we were here a year before the scene) we have seen some excellent releases that number over 1000 by some of the very best coders in the Emulation, Homebrew and Hacking Communities.

Does this mean that the PSP is over the hill and not as exciting as it once was, the answer to that is a big no, yes the homebrew releases have slowed down compared to the craziness of up to 15 releases daily (which believe me was damn hard keeping up with) but theres still so much to do on the PSP.

Heres some items that would be great to see worked on or indeed released for the first time.

PS1 Emulation

The Custom firmware which has a hack of Sonys PS1 Emulator is all well and good but to have a fully legit and full speed PS1 emulator would be a killer release. (The release of PS1P and Yoshis PS1 emulator broke our members online records on those days.)

Nintendo 64 Emulation

StrmnNrmn continues to work on the N64 emulator for the PSP and is now the main emulator project on the PSP. Full speed and major compatability is a dream we are seeing unfolding before our eyes.

Map This Supporting Tom Tom and Others

This is something i dont know is possible but if Deniska`s excellent Map this program for the PSP`s GPS Receiver could support GPS apps such as Tom Tom then it could be awesome for the PSP Scene, unless Deniska himself releases an Homebrew version of Tom Tom/Co pilot ?

A PSP Unbricker

The news of Sonys PSP Unbricker being released onto the internet has caused a major stir, the investigation on how to unbrick and maybe an hardware release of amateur unbricker kits could be a future release with software to accompany it.

PSP Downgraders

The last firmware to be easily downgradeable was v2.80 and if your lucky then v3.03 (with unpatched GTA LCS GAME) but a new downgrader for consoles up to the latest firmware without the need for a certain game would be awesome.

Thats just a few of the things i would like to see anyone got their faves then answer via comments.

Did anyone say Sega CD?

Yeh a new downgrader would be cool

PSN ID: splodger15

all would be awsome. cant wait till that day..

DCEmu Rookie

i want an snes emulator, one that doesn't have to be put up to 2-3 frameskip for all the games, and make them glitchy, like yoshis island and mario rpg to name a couple

also kirby superstar and starfox dont even work-a couple of the best games on there

it also needs a simple menu like nes, gbc, and gba, instead of crap anime backgrounds, too many graphics make it take long to load, and many of the options cause glitches, even sleep mode

SNES EMULATION TO THE FULLEST IS A BIGGY FOR ME

PSP User

Quote Originally Posted by starogre View Post
    i want an snes emulator, one that doesn't have to be put up to 2-3 frameskip for all the games, and make them glitchy, like yoshis island and mario rpg to name a couple

also kirby superstar and starfox dont even work-a couple of the best games on there

it also needs a simple menu like nes, gbc, and gba, instead of crap anime backgrounds, too many graphics make it take long to load, and many of the options cause glitches, even sleep mode

SNES EMULATION TO THE FULLEST IS A BIGGY FOR ME
    I aggree, but I dont think anyone is working on this are they?

Ok, what I truly hope for is...

A Sega CD emu,
    A full speed Jaguar emu,
    A user friendly Dosbox version,
    Full speed N64,
    Full speed MAME

^ ^
    There all good but they dont move the scene forward to beating the War On Sony.

The unbricker and a new downgrader would finish this and we win.

PSN ID: splodger15

Meh, "The war on Sony" is overrated.

Let's just enjoy what we have and work on more emulators I say.

DCEmu Legend

psp My 5 picks

1.) PSP downgrader - Lets face it, SONY was really fast on the damage control after the 3.03 downgrader and now with firmware up to 3.50, new downgrading methods could really help keep the scene thriving with growth. With the release of the leaked "unbricker" files, hopefully a homebrew workaround could be developed so that we could maybe brick 3.50 firmware PSP's, then unbrick them and install a lower firmware such as 1.50. Then of course, the door should be open for Dark_AleX OE custom firmware.

2.) Emulators - I always say one of the best things about PSP homebrew is the jaw dropping emulation possibilities that brilliant coders such as Exophase, StrmnNrmn, YoYoFr, NJ, and many others have given us. Unfortunately aside from Daedalus, emulator releases and updates have slowed or altogether stopped for some emulators. Personally, I would like to see updates to Snes9xTYL, PCEP or Hue, gpSP, Daedalus, and others. Also, like others stated, why not have Sega CD, Turbo Duo, and Atari Jaguar emulators? I know most people will say those platforms are not as good but I think the more the better. There is definitely interest. So hopefully we will see an upsurge emulators again soon.

3.) Custom Firmware - There is no doubt that Dark_AleX has created a PSP homebrew revolution with his OE custom firmware. As newer firmwares are released by SONY with perhaps more preventative measures, I just hope that the magic can be kept alive with future OE releases.

4.) Storage - As if the PSP was not already an amazing multimedia device. Homebrew really expands what the PSP can do. Unfortunately we are limited to just 4GB of storage (8GB if you want a slower SONY stick) and that is just not enough. With memory cards expected to hold as much as 32GB in the not too distant future, more internal memory card storage would perfectly compliment the PSP homebrew scene.

5.) Collaboration & Contribution - Many great developments and releases have happened from collaboration between talented dev teams and coders. I would love to see the scene continue to grow into more of a community where the amazing talent and insight can be shared. On the contribution side of things, I think a lot of coders don't get enough support or help. Whether it be from volunteers, donations, etc. We all have lives and responsibilities so any extra help we can give will definitely be helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information