Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PHP script for routes, POI files in /PSP/COMMON

DCEmu Pro

I've changed GMapToGPX to produce output compatible with Map This!, as requested here.

See http://getroute.nieko.net/ (second section) for instructions.

I will try to add sound support soon as well.

DCEmu Newbie

It is awesome!

Thanks for your work!

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Nieko,

Is there a way to calculate 3-4 routes in your page? for example: from A to B to C

If I go directly to maps.google.com to the get direction page, I'm able to do so by inputting
    Start Address: A
    End Address: B to: C to: D
    And I can click the "Google Maps to POI" to get these directions, but I must save it to notepad and rename it.

But from your getroute.nieko.net cannot do this. It only gives me direction A to B, ignoring C and D. I prefer your page, since it gives me the file automatically.

Thanks.

DCEmu Pro

On http://getroute.nieko.net multiple routes aren't possible, somehow it does indeed ignore C, D, etc. I'm not sure how to fix this. If someone knows how, please tell me :-).

Personally I like that I can see the actual route first before downloading, so I will take a look at making the Javascript produce a file download instead.

DCEmu Pro

(I moved the previous two posts here.)

It is possible in IE, but it saves the entire document, not just the contents from the textarea. Cross-browser won't work for sure, it's the server that tells the browser to do something, not the client itself (i.e., javascript).

Anyone here with better Javascript knowledge?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Nieko,

I tot I got all figured out, but no.

How do I use GMaptoGPX so that MapThis can read it? This is what I did
    - Find direction
    - Click on GMaptoGPX bookmark in toolbar
    - I copy and paste the script to notepad and save it as _@ABCDE (No extension)
    - I open MapThis on PSP and find _@ABCDE
    - The Map does not show

What did I do wrong?

I know you didn't create GMaptoGPX but if you could give me some light, that'll be great! Thanks..

DCEmu Pro

The output you get from the script should have the following format: lat,lon,desc1,desc2. E.g.: 40.316218,-5.41832,GO 80M,HEAD NORTHEAST

You can paste the two numbers ("40.316218,-5.41832") in maps.google.com and it'll show you where exactly it is.

Saving it as _SOMETHING then should make it load.

If all else fails, you can of course post here the file the script gives you.

DCEmu Newbie

Um, that means, I have to do a lot of editing if I were to use from Point A to B to C to D, using GMaptoGPX.

I tot I could just copy and paste the whole script and save it as _SOMETHING and MapThis would read this. Or I thought you meant that when you say that the script would be compatible with MapThis. My bad..

Oh well, I like your getroute.nieko.net better than in this case. So simple to use! As I have mentioned before that it'll be great if you could make it to have multipoint directions. I wish I could help, I dunno any programming language

Btw, how do you delete the extension .html when you use PSP browser to download? I haven't tried really, but I'm pretty sure that there is no file manager in PSP. I read somewhere someone suggests to use PSPPDA or something like that. Any other suggestion for a good File Manager? (to use only to delete .html to no_extension).

Thanks anyway, I appreciate your help.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BanKiR View Post
    Um, that means, I have to do a lot of editing if I were to use from Point A to B to C to D, using GMaptoGPX.
    You shouldn't. You can add as many destinations in Google Maps as you want, as well as drag points from the blue line somewhere else. When you're done, and press the GMapToPOI button (not GMapToGPX, that's what it's based on), then it'll show in the textbox exactly the coordinates and instructions for the blue line you saw in Google Maps.

Quote Originally Posted by BanKiR
    I tot I could just copy and paste the whole script
    You shouldn't copy the script, because it's Javascript code. You should instead copy the text in the textbox, generated by the Javascript.

and save it as _SOMETHING and MapThis would read this. Or I thought you meant that when you say that the script would be compatible with MapThis. My bad..
    No no, that's exactly how it's supposed to work . If it's broken somehow, then I'm curious as to what exactly you are getting, instead of the proper route. Could you post the file you got?

Oh well, I like your getroute.nieko.net better than in this case. So simple to use! As I have mentioned before that it'll be great if you could make it to have multipoint directions.
    I'll try to find out if it's possible, but I do think it'd be rather $#@!bersome if I'd have to make several requests for A-B, B-C, C-D etc. to the Google Maps server.

Btw, how do you delete the extension .html when you use PSP browser to download?
    That's the thing, I really don't know. When using Opera, it also insists on adding .HTM. But that's OK, Map This! doesn't care about extension, as long as the filename begins with an underscore.

Edit: I tried using " " as extension (so "filename. "), and though that works in Opera, it doesn't in the PSP browser...
    Last edited by Nieko; April 1st, 2008 at 19:27.

DCEmu Pro

Just now I've added sound support for GMapToPOI.js (see previous posts of mine). The JavaScript loaded by the browser is in fact PHP, which loads the settings from a cookie. The source can be found here: http://nieko.net/tools/gmaptopoi.js.phps.

The sound settings can be edited at http://getroute.nieko.net/.

The scriptlet supports Unicode and thus non-latin alphabets, but Map This! does not. Take into account that when you use such an alphabet, you need to save the route from the textarea to a file on your PSP's memory stick using an editor in which you can choose the file encoding.

For routes in English this is not necessary.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information