Thread: This Day in Gaming, June 22nd

Default This Day in Gaming, June 22nd

via Kotaku

1994: Playmates Interactive releases Earthworm Jim for SNES in the US. It's rare that a hugely publicized game can live up to its hype, but this title was so refreshing during an era inundated with sidescrollers...even if it came out for Genesis two weeks earlier and I missed it.

2000: Eidos releases Deus Ex for PC in the US. Take everything I said above about Earthworm Jim, replace sidescrollers with FPSs, and you'll get the point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YKB View Post
    via Kotaku

1994: Playmates Interactive releases Earthworm Jim for SNES in the US. It's rare that a hugely publicized game can live up to its hype, but this title was so refreshing during an era inundated with sidescrollers...even if it came out for Genesis two weeks earlier and I missed it.

2000: Eidos releases Deus Ex for PC in the US. Take everything I said above about Earthworm Jim, replace sidescrollers with FPSs, and you'll get the point.
    How did you miss Earthworm Jim? Earthworm Jim was cool, he was competition for Sonic even as EWJ had it's own cartoon just like Sonic!

Thread Information