Some documentation is available here:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!

in case you still have questions..

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Some documentation is available here:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!

in case you still have questions..
    Thanks I have already read the GPSFS part in that wikibook.

I still have one question regarding the GPSFS file split: what is the motivation ? Is there any rule behind that split or is it arbitrary ?

DCEmu Regular

Ixar, as I recall seeking within a single file was a bit slow - so that's the reason for the 5 file setup (this is hard coded, so a 4 or 6 file setup will not work). The split is on size to try to get the files to be of comparable size (the last file ends up a bit larger due to rounding/left over tiles, but since the discrepancy is minor there hasn't really been a reason to fix that).

Also, keep in mind Int64 vs Int32s being used in different fields.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    Ixar, as I recall seeking within a single file was a bit slow - so that's the reason for the 5 file setup (this is hard coded, so a 4 or 6 file setup will not work). The split is on size to try to get the files to be of comparable size (the last file ends up a bit larger due to rounding/left over tiles, but since the discrepancy is minor there hasn't really been a reason to fix that).

Also, keep in mind Int64 vs Int32s being used in different fields.
    Thanks for the explanation

I think I have now understood the format, with the IDXFile and IDXTile on 32 bit. One thing that is not specified is the endianess, but I guess it is little endian as is the PSP.

I will soon try my own maps.

Ideally I would like to implement a new feature in MapThis to be able to merge maps "on the fly". This way if a tile is not available in a map, it take the one in another map.

But let's see first if I managed to make something with GPSFS :P

DCEmu Regular

Any progress MIB.42 or is it too difficult to make ?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    Any progress MIB.42 or is it too difficult to make ?
    Oh man, I'm so swamp'd at work and school also started for the kiddos... I can write like 10 lines a code a day...

Nevertheless, I am getting there. The HSV based base-color reduction seems to work ( I can already reduce to 32 with minor bugs ) and I will only need to write the final reduction code. There is still some "tweaking" involved in choosing the human perception baselines, but it's getting really good. I stop'd making predictions on when this will be ready, but I am at the moment now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... I was actually thinking of taking a few days of vacation ( from work ) to finish this... *sigh*

DCEmu Regular

Lol, is it CPU intensive like u said ?

Good luck with the kiddos and work.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by MIB.42 View Post
    Oh man, I'm so swamp'd at work and school also started for the kiddos... I can write like 10 lines a code a day...

Nevertheless, I am getting there. The HSV based base-color reduction seems to work ( I can already reduce to 32 with minor bugs ) and I will only need to write the final reduction code. There is still some "tweaking" involved in choosing the human perception baselines, but it's getting really good. I stop'd making predictions on when this will be ready, but I am at the moment now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... I was actually thinking of taking a few days of vacation ( from work ) to finish this... *sigh*
    Just a quick update, the PNG color reduction finally works now and it's pretty darn fast and only uses about 1/2 MB..., I have started integrating it into the Utility Program... I'll keep you posted...

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by MIB.42 View Post
    Just a quick update, the PNG color reduction finally works now and it's pretty darn fast and only uses about 1/2 MB..., I have started integrating it into the Utility Program... I'll keep you posted...
    Sorry for the delay, libpng keeps crashing after a thousand or so writes... I've checked non-png version, it works, and isolated the problem into a separate app and I am now debugging the png ( actually the zlib )... I love how things we take for granted don't work...

DCEmu Regular

How long do you need to fix it do you think ?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information