Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GPSFS Utility Program

DCEmu Newbie

ok, so I did this, it shrunk my 2gb map to 1gb, and I placed it on the mestick, and it just hangs with the memory card flashing, and says "please wait while map is loading. I used v02

DCEmu Regular

Same as mine. Fix the icons in the directory and it works !

Some poi icons are missing so that's why it's chrasing.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    MIB.42 why do i get the weird thing i posted in the screenshot then ? The map is correct you say !

And is 0.2 already capable of working on pentium 4 HT technology ? Because HT is somewhat also 2 cores.
    Sorry, you were right, I found the bug... It was only happening on PNGs after Analyze... It's fixed now.

Other improvements in v0.2b (attached) is that you can select to reconvert PNG based ones to JPGs or not. This is really useful when you are only removing tiles from a bigger map and want to keep the map in PNGs.

There is also a new functionality, you can disable more than one tile per click ( if you use SHIFT ). It will disable all underlying tiles as well on different zoom levels recursively...

Cheers,
    MIB.42

DCEmu Newbie

Hi MIB,

I've read this thread since beginning but until now I don't understand for what your program is good for.

May be you could edit your post #1 with a little explanation what this tool is doing. You could also edit it with version 0.2.

This would help very much and would prevent from silly questions like mine

Thank you!
    michel

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Bolemichel View Post
    Hi MIB,

I've read this thread since beginning but until now I don't understand for what your program is good for.

May be you could edit your post #1 with a little explanation what this tool is doing. You could also edit it with version 0.2.

This would help very much and would prevent from silly questions like mine

Thank you!
    michel
    Ok, I updated post#1 with "examples"...

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks a lot! Just finished connecting my holux 236 with the psp and may be this little tool could something good for me
    For my understanding it could validate and compress your files on the memstick.

DCEmu Rookie

Just a blog :

I did some tests, moving from the default 256 color pngs to 16 will result in a ~42% size reduction... Altough converting the pngs down to 16 color can take quite some time, in some test cases it did take about 3 seconds per tile on my machine... Imagine my 1.4 million tiles map... That's over a month continuous work! I gotta do something to speed this up...

DCEmu Regular

Yup, as Fateswebb says: He shrunk a map from 2gb to 1gb. That's taking now more than a day.

DCEmu Newbie

Sounds good! I'm searching for a way to delete the 1x zoom levels. When I drive by car I don't need such detailed graphics.

Is it possible to delete this 1x zoom level with your tool or is there a way to deactivate it in GDML download tool? The second would be probably better to speed up the download...

DCEmu Newbie

ok, I am testing out the 2b version, I analyze, but then when I slide the slider bar over to the right to choose a compression level, it goes from No Recompress, Size = 2236.09 MB to Recompress, Size = 2236.09 MB

It is telling me it is not possible to compress this any smaller? even though it is full size?

Thanks...

FW

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information