Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: GPSFS Utility Program

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bolemichel View Post
    Sounds good! I'm searching for a way to delete the 1x zoom levels. When I drive by car I don't need such detailed graphics.

Is it possible to delete this 1x zoom level with your tool or is there a way to deactivate it in GDML download tool? The second would be probably better to speed up the download...
    The highest levels must be enabled to form a map in total. The lowest levels (eg 1 ) can be disabled in GMDL under advanced settings.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by FatesWebb View Post
    ok, I am testing out the 2b version, I analyze, but then when I slide the slider bar over to the right to choose a compression level, it goes from No Recompress, Size = 2236.09 MB to Recompress, Size = 2236.09 MB

It is telling me it is not possible to compress this any smaller? even though it is full size?

Thanks...

FW
    That means that the map is PNG based and 16 color recompression is not done yet... Click on the "Force JPG" to convert the PNGs to JPGs which will give you compression...

DCEmu Regular

When is version 0.3 coming ? Can't wait for it !

Hope to see some improvements and bugfixes !

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    When is version 0.3 coming ? Can't wait for it !

Hope to see some improvements and bugfixes !
    Me too, but can't really work on it at the moment, thus progress is a wee bit slow... Anyways, what kind of bugfixes and improvements do you have in mind?

DCEmu Regular

Remove the black edges around the map, it makes it somewhat unhandy (don't know the english word voor onhandig lol )

And can you make analyzing disable able ? So that i can process maps without analyzing them.

And make that you don't have to analyze to resize that would be great. A sort of on the fly encoding.

And i still miss the missing or broken tiles redownload option

See my wishlist posted earlier:
    -Beep when analyzing or saving is complete.
    -CTRL+A function
    -Implement the BAT file i made ? It's renaming the files from N_ to normal. Maybe you can use this with an extra option that automatically creates a new folder named _CORRECTED-$ and then the $ for mapname offcourse.

You said you look after this...
    -Make the slider more visible, so put a name next or onto the slider, SLIDE HERE TO RESIZE FOLKS.

DCEmu Rookie

Remove the black edges around the map, it makes it somewhat unhandy (don't know the english word voor onhandig lol )
    This is in the program or what's being generated? Can you take a screenshot and show me what you mean? Thanks!

And can you make analyzing disable able ? So that i can process maps without analyzing them.

And make that you don't have to analyze to resize that would be great. A sort of on the fly encoding.
    Yeah, I hear you. The analyzing is important for knowing the final size of the map. This is not only for generating the even GPSFS[1234] files, but a way for you to choose the target size. No analysis would mean that you are firing in the dark about what the size of the newly created map is going to be... If that's OK, I can add this feature...

And i still miss the missing or broken tiles redownload option
    That's a GMDL feature and is already available!

DCEmu Regular

Hurray new bug found. If i select almost 22000 tiles, and click analyze, it completes.
    If i then select them all, and click on/off the listbox goes flickering and scrolls down. But if i then click in the tile view window, it stops and all the tiles are enabled/disabled in 2 seconds ?

Weird bug, happens on all maps.

Also weird, if i have a map full of PNG tiles, why would it analyze ? It can't be recompressed ?
    The util should check if any tiles are changed and THEN decide to analyze or not. Now it always has to analyze before output can be done.

DCEmu Rookie

Hurray new bug found. If i select almost 22000 tiles, and click analyze, it completes.
    If i then select them all, and click on/off the listbox goes flickering and scrolls down. But if i then click in the tile view window, it stops and all the tiles are enabled/disabled in 2 seconds ?

Weird bug, happens on all maps.
    You mean that their "selection" status in the listbox loses the status and goes to "not selected"?

I tried replicating what you described, but I might not have understood well what the sequence was... Can you please be a bit more specific? Thanks!

DCEmu Regular

Ok i have 20 tiles in the listbox.

I select them. with click on the 1st and then press shift and click on the last now they are selected. I press on/off button. The listbox does flicker a lot because there are many tiles to turn off. The scrollbar goes down and down and down. I have to wait before it finishes.

BUT if i don't want to wait for that, it click ONCE in the right tile view window. The scrollbar stops scrolling and the flickering of the listbox stops, and PING in 1 second al my tiles are disabled.

To do the same trick for enabling works also. It's a bug, but also a trick ?

Normally i have to wait for disabling is complete (the scrollbar goes to the bottom and all files are disabled)

DCEmu Regular

Ok extra, on maps smaller than 15, maybe 17500 tiles this doesn't happen.

I have a REALLY large map of France, it's 330 mb and contains a million tiles or something and it chrashes the program if i do this trick.

Says: program does not respond.

To repeat this trick, if the program is busy disabling or enabling ALL the tiles, click like a maniac on the right tile window. Soon or later it stops, gives an hourglass, and PING the tiles are enabled in 1 second. Also disabled if you do the "trick" again.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information