Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One of the biggest IRC merges in console history is about to happen

Default One of the biggest IRC merges in console history is about to happen

Hello all,

I am very proud to tell you all about this.

LAN.ST/LAN.SH, home of Dark_AleX's team and official releases, and one of the oldest psp dedicated servers, is going to be officially merging with the MALLOC.US network, which is the home of previous toc2rta channels/users, as well as having recently acquired Dash-Hacks - the home of #psp-hacks.

Historically, since #psp was formed on toc2rta, there has always been a slight tension between some of the toc2rta and LAN users/ops/opers. When toc2rta went down, Malloc.us took off, and grew due to its layed back channel chatting rules mixed with its strict op/oper policies. Tension started to die down when LAN ops started to come to Malloc, as they realized that the most active user base has gone there.

Of course, there was still some tension, but it was very far and few between.

Now, finally, both sides have agreed to set aside their differences and have compromised a little bit to merge 2 of the largest console-based irc networks into a place where all users can come and gather together for all walks of life, and all types of consoles, including psp, ps3, nintendo ds, iphone, and possibly even more in the near future.

Op/Oper abuse is not acceptable on the Malloc.us network, and will continue to be this way. Also, Malloc.us is a TROLL-FREE network, which means we do not accept people coming on to spam people, flame people, or to simply try to cause trouble or start a riot.

So now, we have irc.malloc.us which redirects to aion.malloc.us, unaligned.malloc.us, dashhacks.malloc.us, and in a few days, lan.malloc.us!

We hope this merge will be pleasurable not only for both sides, but for any new user who wishes to come and visit the active community in the console world.

Again, op/oper abuse, if it ever happened to you on either network, is a thing of the past. We look foward to a peaceful, fun, educational and informative environment, while retaining the diverse types of conversations that keep the user base alive and active.

Thanks to EvilSeph for not only starting the Malloc.US network, but also for his amazing patience in negotiating merges with Dash-Hacks and LAN.

Thanks also to Mathieulh for working with us as well to assure a peaceful transition.

Malloc will be home now to Dark_AleX releases, Team Noobz, GameWarp, PSP-Hacks, PS3-Hacks, IPhone-Hacks, and, as we like to call it, NightClub PSP.

simply download an irc client such as mIRC or X-Chat, or just go to http://malloc.us/ for a webchat client!

Thank you for your time, comments are appreciated.

-kando
    Services Administrator of Malloc.US
    Owner of #psp

Nice to hear that things will remain the same, you never know, maybe one day we will get the dcemu lot over to our side aswell

Very nice, thanks for letting us know!

DCEmu Old Pro

Well, I hope this all goes off without a hitch Even though my userbar may proove I'm biased

Cloudy

Most welcome!

well honestly i don't know what is going on but i'm happy that everyone is combining efforts and whatever it is they do is going to be easier now

When is all of this going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by taco111 View Post
    When is all of this going to happen?
    in a few days. for now, you can join the excitement already happening, and wait for the official merge on irc.malloc.us #psp

or use the webclient on http://malloc.us/

Maybe DCEmu could get shifted over to Malloc too..

Few advantages over efnet:
    a) Nickserv for user name registration so your username is always yours
    b) name restriction not as harsh
    c) More people in the channel.
    d) Not as much lag
    e) Im sure EvilSeph would be lenient towards you

Anyway good to see this merge in place

hmm sounds good but i haven't a clue what it means.
    all i know is that, everyday i click on my DCEmu bookmark to get all the news i need. but i will check this out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information