Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The value of content

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    I'd also like to add onto this in regards to DCEmu's Future / health.

** Downloads tend to cut themselves after a certain amount of time / bandwidth on a dialup connection hence wasting everyone who is on dialup's time.

** The website starts to load then starts misbehaving and corrupting itself coming up with some random HTML at where it stopped, usually it takes about 5 refreshes to correct itself.

** I have tried contacting wraggster quite often about the problems but they seem to be ignored 95% of the time or not addressed.

** DCEmu badly needs to partner with other gaming sites. It makes no sense how stuff is taken from other sites but its not credited

I do like DCEmu its a great place. It just needs a lot of things fixing up, adding onto and gluing things together.

I'll offer to clean up if someone in admin gives me global moderator and we have a meeting about staff (maybe some changes regarding it as it seems many are not active)

Thanks

Wally
    You say stuff is taken but not credited from other sites, but what you don't see is when a news post is made it usually says where it originally came from...

...So if that's not credit, I don't know what is!

I must say I tend to agree with a lot of EvilSeph's points. As an Admin on a Gaming site, copy and pasting 3-line articles pisses me off. Sometimes that is all there is on offer, but if there is a choice between a 3-line post and a well-written article, I'd rather use that as a source every single time.

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

The only real thing for me is that indeed only the ads and logo load, and then the rest of the page remains blue, even though it says it is done loading. What's worse is that it is becoming more and more frequent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnesR0X View Post
    The only real thing for me is that indeed only the ads and logo load, and then the rest of the page remains blue, even though it says it is done loading. What's worse is that it is becoming more and more frequent.
    That's due to server overload, the server cannot finish loading the page. It's easy to resolve by simply tapping the reload/refresh button

The issue I have is not about originality but instead that your news staff looked at both articles and decided just because the 3-liner was already posted on the front page, that it was better. They then locked the complete, full blown article and it was later deleted.

Thanks for your concern and reply.
    EvilSeph - eXophase.com Administrator
    Great community, quality content, exclusively here.

// An Afterthought. // Malloc.us Network Owner // LAN.st Administrator
    ShellExecute(NULL,"open",(developer == true)?"http://lan.st":"http://www.exophase.com",NULL,NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL);

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSeph View Post
    The issue I have is not about originality but instead that your news staff looked at both articles and decided just because the 3-liner was already posted on the front page, that it was better. They then locked the complete, full blown article and it was later deleted.

Thanks for your concern and reply.
    Doesn't make any sense, why would they delete a fuller version of a news article? It was probably moved!

Moved, deleted, hidden. Same thing to a normal user. Fact remains the public can no longer see that article - not even the author can see it.
    EvilSeph - eXophase.com Administrator
    Great community, quality content, exclusively here.

// An Afterthought. // Malloc.us Network Owner // LAN.st Administrator
    ShellExecute(NULL,"open",(developer == true)?"http://lan.st":"http://www.exophase.com",NULL,NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL);

wasn't it cloudy who released the other article? I think i saw that when it first came out. and got shut down by a mod for the other article because it had a picture.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSeph View Post
    Moved, deleted, hidden. Same thing to a normal user. Fact remains the public can no longer see that article - not even the author can see it.
    If you have any problems with DCEmu I suggest you talk to an moderator/admin about it, as there might of been a reason as to why it was "removed"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    We've been trying a number of different ways of trying to improve our news posting. I have even added a new staff group to help post original and well written news articles. Of course we still want to cover as much news as we can, so sometimes we have to sacrifice "orginality" by getting sourced news from other sites. Remember that DCemu's staff is entirely made up of volunteers (my self included) and we sometimes don't have time to do somethings.
    you still havent addressed the reason why 2 posts existed, and the better one was disreguarded because it was not as quick as the 3liner.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information