Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The value of content

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by parkermauney View Post
    Yeah, but it does that VERY often on the psp.
    Well, computers generally work a lot better

I still hope that the reloading pages problem can be somewhat sorted out at least. Not expecting a miracle

Oh sorry,

^Kaiser^: Thanks for clearing those issues up with me You are a legend

Very bad DCEmu, thats why I never post here and this was the first forum I joined.

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by jordanblack68 View Post
    Very bad DCEmu, thats why I never post here and this was the first forum I joined.

Pathetic
    Why is this site bad in particular? So sometimes theres problems but they even out with all the help and support provided here for new and old console owners, and upcoming homebrew users. The staff is great in responding to whatever your situation may be and addressing it with logic and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by pibster View Post
    Why is this site bad in particular? So sometimes theres problems but they even out with all the help and support provided here for new and old console owners, and upcoming homebrew users. The staff is great in responding to whatever your situation may be and addressing it with logic and respect.
    ORLY? This site is not a news site, so what can you cal l it?

Quote Originally Posted by jordanblack68 View Post
    ORLY? This site is not a news site, so what can you cal l it?
    DCEmu is a gaming & homebrew site

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    DCEmu is a gaming & homebrew site
    It sucks at newsposting, oh wait your a newsposter

I think Jordan's comments were made purely out of how people see this place.

To many people this will be their introduction to "The Scene" it is one of the most widely know places to come for homebrew and emulation (not just for PSP but ALL form of it)

I just think we have come to expect DC emu to have informative and well laid out news and other post's, so when those standards fall, people will notice, and in time if those standards dont return it will end up like all the other sites out there.

I for one would not like to see that happen, I have a fondness for this site, I have been coming here since the days of Dreamcast (different user then) and it has always been good, but I have to agree, 3 line posts are a little lame.

why do you even bother to post here then? this site is free, what do you have to lose from it, if you had or have a problem with the ways things are here why didn't you say something before? to a mod or by making a thread. Its more of a community rather than a news site.

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    I dont know what decides value of content, its different in different peoples eyes, some people dont need a long winded explanation, others prefer different things, i could care less, as long as the info i need is there.
    In general, since we're talking about news articles, the value of content is decided by the guidelines of journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by dejkirkby View Post
    I must say I tend to agree with a lot of EvilSeph's points. As an Admin on a Gaming site, copy and pasting 3-line articles pisses me off. Sometimes that is all there is on offer, but if there is a choice between a 3-line post and a well-written article, I'd rather use that as a source every single time.
    Personally, I'd pick the full-blown, well-written article any day as the quality of content determines if a visitor holds your site as being a reputable source of news or not.

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    That's due to server overload, the server cannot finish loading the page. It's easy to resolve by simply tapping the reload/refresh button
    Clearly you have no idea about proper webmastership. You only have - I believe it was - 8 seconds to grab and keep a users' interest before they get fed up and leave (this has been proven). The only reason Wally and others who experience the problems return is because they're already members of this community and enjoy being a part of it. However, technical issues like the ones mentioned cost sites visitors. A lot of visitors.

Neither do you, a post got deleted/moved it's not really the end of the world is it?
    I for one actually care about the quality and reputation of this website. Speaking from a public relations point of view, when someone goes to a news website (or one reputed as such) and they see a pathetic 3-line news article they'll start to question the reliability of your site as a reputable news source.

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    Also, after investigation of the specific article in question, it was submitted to news AFTER there was already a news release about it. It would be confusing for all if the article changed after being posted, and there is no way the old news post will be dumped for the new, so what I see is someone feeling bad that the article they had stake in wasn't posted fast enough.
    That's rubbish. I see posts edited and made better every day. To tell me that it will never happen is an outright lie. Wraggster did it to the article in question because he actually knows how to run a site.

It's not confusing - it's done to most of the low quality news articles.

Ahem. The news article in quesiton was dumped and replaced by an article written by wraggster.

See the original post which has been quoted here and compare it to what wraggster edited in.

After, before, first - it doesn't matter. Leaving a 3-liner on the front page is damaging to DCEmu.

Also, the article in question did NOT contain KEY information. Would that not warrant an article edit? See here for an example.

So, what I see is members of the news staff defending each other (and their work)...with inaccurate arguments.

It could've possibly been added as a post to the current post, but new people don't see that (they just want to create threads)

New people to the FORUMS don't see it. There are a hundred+ people that only go to the PSP news front page.

Especially if it was posted first by a respected DCEmu newsposter

Who cares who posted it first? It was terrible quality and had to be corrected immediately after.

I posted what I thought was news the otherday and Wraggster moved it to the PSP Hacking section, I didn't complain
    Rebuttal in-line.

That just requires a quick page refresh
    See above point about your not having the qualities of a successful webmaster. I also strongly suggest you open up your eyes because all your points are zoned into one train of thought. For example, not all people stuck with dial-up have a choice. It's not their fault. You should really think before posting..because you insult a lot of people (possibly indirectly).
    EvilSeph - eXophase.com Administrator
    Great community, quality content, exclusively here.

// An Afterthought. // Malloc.us Network Owner // LAN.st Administrator
    ShellExecute(NULL,"open",(developer == true)?"http://lan.st":"http://www.exophase.com",NULL,NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL);

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information