Thread: How can I change the zip code to 6 digit

DCEmu Newbie

Question How can I change the zip code to 6 digit

Q1: b/c I live in Canada; and the post code is 6 digit. How can I put it in the POI or use for address look up. (if I didn't use gmdl)

Q2, When I turn the GPS & MAP on, I cannot use the address look up founation to find my home location. I am sure the map covers that area.

DCEmu Regular

Canadian GeoData does not have post codes (they are owned by the post office I think, and the last I checked could not be obtained en masse for free - let me know if you find otherwise).

Depending on your Map This! version (some later ones allow more relaxed search) try different parts of an address (for example 100 king or 100 king st or 100 king st west etc. for 100 king st west, toronto, ontario...)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    Canadian GeoData does not have post codes (they are owned by the post office I think, and the last I checked could not be obtained en masse for free - let me know if you find otherwise).

Depending on your Map This! version (some later ones allow more relaxed search) try different parts of an address (for example 100 king or 100 king st or 100 king st west etc. for 100 king st west, toronto, ontario...)
    How to use address look up and address reverse? Are these same to Directions in GMDL.

I did set up one direction in the GMDL. Should I pull them in the _torontomap file? If so, I can look up this file under POI Look Up but not Address Look Up. Is it right?

Thread Information