Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SONY counterstrikes with 3.51 firmware update

The war is over anyway, I mean, this is one of the first times an update is still the latest, when a downgrader is released, so people downgrade instead of upgrading. Sony...you lost...
    Reasons:
    1. OE firmware owns the original.
    2. Sony cannot protect there damn firmware...lol
    3. PS1 games are a disappointment.

This can be decrypted. The only change in this firmware is the Lumines exploit is patched. So there would be no reason for 3.51 OE if 3.50 OE is made.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Re:

They said 3.10 would be the end of downgraders,but the Illuminati exploit proved that wrong,3.51 shouldnt be a problem at all.

DCEmu Newbie

Maybe in a Wek or 2 Noobz and DAX him will decrypt that firmware Dax is a GOD who can beat a god? XD......

I think this won't be the end, I mean I updated too many times because I thought it wasn't possible to downgrade anymore and yet they released the downgrade when I upgraded, so I just left mine at 3.11 and what do you know one came out and the main reason for the PS store is for purchase of PS one games... which is kind of worthless since we can rip our own.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleterX View Post
    Maybe in a Wek or 2 Noobz and DAX him will decrypt that firmware Dax is a GOD who can beat a god? XD......
    3.51 has already been decrypted. The 3.50 decrypter works on it.

Sony releases PSP firmware 3.51 in almost no time after the 3.50 downgrader was released - just as I expected. I bet the company have some people that look out for any news on firmware exploits and then act lightning quick to release a fix to patch it up.

The truth is tho Sony will never give up with trying to prevent downgrading - wot bothers Sony isn't so much the 'unsigned code' that we run off of THEIR console, it's the fact that OE Firmwares allow Piracy of PSP Games........

Quote Originally Posted by YKB View Post
    I bet the company have some people that look out for any news on firmware exploits and then act lightning quick to release a fix to patch it up.
    i'd say so for sure. Perhaps a few of them are members on this very site......

end of downgraders? never... as long as hackers live, there will never be a version of ANYHTING that will be hackproof...(people are bond to mess us no matter what they do)....
    i hope sony makes this patch as crappy as they did for the gta patch... itll probably give newer fw a second wind with this game

sony will continue to fight, but to be honest, most people that actually want homebrew will have downgraded by now...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information