Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SONY counterstrikes with 3.51 firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
    Anyway, if SONY blocked only the aspects of homebrew that allow piracy (UMD access, running signed code from the memory card (not including game demos and PS1 games), launching ISO files) then the only people who really suffer are those who pirate PSP games, piracy software will not be as popular since more honest gamers who want to keep their unsigned code would not need it, people can still enjoy their homebrew without having to use hacked firmware and ISO loaders that can launch pirated games, and the fanbase will appreciate SONY enough to not pirate games as much. A compromise will be far more effective for preventing piracy than attempting to put PSP owners on a leash (for lack of a better metaphor).
    It's incredibly difficult to enable homebrew whilst disabling the ability to run piracy .

Like a wise man once told me "open the door of the prison and both the least deadly and most deadly criminals will definetley escpage"

Well a wise man never really told me( ) that but you get my point....

maybe its an unsuccesful patch like the gta one

DCEmu Newbie

maybe sony should give the guys that find these exploits a job so before each new firmware comes out the exploiters get a week or something to come up with a downgrader lol, although it wont happen thankfully, thats what sony should do rather than get making unnessasary updates

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information