Thread: How to use Address Look up and Reverse

DCEmu Newbie

Default How to use Address Look up and Reverse

Are those two fountion same to GMDL's directions?
    When I use address look up, it always show GPS cannot find the address even relax search.

did you create and copy the geodata.dat file for the area in question? BTW, the data is only available for US and some parts of Canada...

DCEmu Newbie

For me, reverse address lookup only finds one address on my street (at least 10 houses), and when I try to do the address lookup, it cant find my house... and its been here since the '40s so........

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DogRed9 View Post
    For me, reverse address lookup only finds one address on my street (at least 10 houses), and when I try to do the address lookup, it cant find my house... and its been here since the '40s so........
    When I wrote the relaxed search, I spent hours and hours analyzing different geodatas. I thought I solved it... How naive of me... :rofl: But seriously, can you send me the geodata and the address you are looking for? You can post the geodata here and PM me the address. I'll look into why it doesn't find it and modify relaxed search to be even more "relaxed"...

btw, maybe we should rename this to something else... "Relaxed" might no really convey that it is searching by relaxing the constraints at every sequencial steps... Maybe "wide search" or "flexible search"?

DCEmu Newbie

Question

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    did you create and copy the geodata.dat file for the area in question? BTW, the data is only available for US and some parts of Canada...
    I DID CREAT THE GEODATO.DAT WHEN I DOWNLOADED THE MAP. AND THIS FILE WAS AUTOMATIC IN THE MAP FOLDER. I AM IN TORONTO. DO U THINK I CAN USE THAT DEODATA?

Thread Information