Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 100% No-UMD Functionality

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake3000 View Post
    Yeah I seriously don't get this I can already load Iso's from the ISO folder so what does this mean? all I Know is the no umd thing witch is ok in my book
    This No-UMD 100% Functionality is here thanks to the prx found inside the officials 3.50 and 3.51. Read more Here.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake3000 View Post
    Yeah I seriously don't get this I can already load Iso's from the ISO folder so what does this mean? all I Know is the no umd thing witch is ok in my book
    Just read the first post on the first page. (HINT: ISO compatibility )

DCEmu Newbie

Just remember: support the developers so that they can continue to make games. Donīt be an ass.

Sony.. is.. OFFICIALLY A DUMBASS COMPANY! lol
    first they give use the ps1 emulator which was cracked eventually, and now.. even them knowing that we can run isos they give us an iso loader that is better and has been cracked already, what is sony thinking. next thing you know they give us the chance to play ps3 games on our psp and we crack that. COME ON! LMAO

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by darthpaul View Post
    That just gave me an idea.
    Maybe,with this Iso Loader thing in official firmwares we could run the Iso of let's say GTA or Lumines,and downgrade without the UMD.
    Don't even think about it. That's EXACTLY how I bricked my first PSP (now working after a motherboard change). Never mess with a firmware update from an ISO.

And while we're on this subject... Doesn't this make the subject of UMD dumping legit? Face it, no-UMD compatability is all about running your legally owned ISO's but whomever the "BAN HAMMER" is locked a thread I started just a day or so ago. Anyway my whole discovery was that ALL UMD dumping software I've tried will not work using an 8GB memory stick. Keep that in mind (don't get rid of your 4 gig sticks) until one is made to use the 3.40 or 3.51 kernel instead of the 1.5 kernel.

Holy freaking nuts, that's awesome. This is splendid news for those of us who have UMD drives on the fritz. I have to sit there opening and closing mine until it loads properly, and even then, it's a gambit whether or not it'll keep working. Hoorah for these magnificent men and their constant efforts to improve.

DCEmu Newbie

wow cool!!! this will save battery time well done!!!

this is great news... ive been looking for this for a loong time ... even tho i play my dbz shin budokai: another road as an iso using no-umd to save battery life(umd case is cracked and i play that game for hrs literally hahah), my other games (i.e megaman maverick hunters, gta:lcs) wont play w/o a umd... so instead of taking up space on my memorystick, ill just use the umd itself... now that this might come to pass, i can actually use my backups...hopefully all before i leave for my vacation

DCEmu Newbie

cool .. that might allow me to play GTA-VCS without the UMD .. coz its the only game that doesn't play using my iso's .. unless i put the UMD . using 3.40OE-A custom firmware. anyway i finished the game but still i like to play it frequently.

well i have 2 umd's that are broke but i backed them up before this (i backed all my umd because i knew something like this might happend) and I use devhook runing iso via usb cos my 3.40OE-A doesn't seem to like iso much lol so hope 3.51OE-A will make my iso a bit more workable lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information