Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 100% No-UMD Functionality

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    yeah this is great news especially since my umd drive is absolutely knacked
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooksyX View Post
    This is good news for me too, my umd drive doesn't work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy4point0 View Post
    me neither! i didnt realize so many people have the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by V3N0M View Post
    Ever since my PSP fell in the water ( Fell out of my pocket into a River ) the UMD drive never worked the same and eventually craped out on me.. Thank god for custom firmware. Plus my PSP will work even better with the exception of the UMD drive now that "No-UMD" mode will be at 100%.
    So, how is it exactly that you all plan on dumping ISOs of these games that you "own" onto a memory stick if your UMD drives no long work?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    So, how is it exactly that you all plan on dumping ISOs of these games that you "own" onto a memory stick if your UMD drives no long work?
    just a question, don't get angry!

Isn't it Legal to download an Iso of a game you allready have, but can't get to work??

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by tvrstl View Post
    just a question, don't get angry!

Isn't it Legal to download an Iso of a game you allready have, but can't get to work??
    Not at all. It's barely legal (that is some will argue that it is not, but it is mostly seen to be fine) to backup your own games.

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Lol... Save battery time... Load your own backups... You all are joking right? You do realize that 95% of the PSP users here pirate, right? You all are grasping with those 2 defenses to condone piracy.

lol @ u

get those nasty piraters

DCEmu Legend

psp Bye Dark_AleX! Bye 3.51 OE!

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Rules Reminder

The news of this ISO Loader from Sony doesnt mean we condone piracy and downloading of Sony PSP Isos, if the Loader is to be used as a way of loading your own games onto a mem stick then that is fair enough.
    That is in fact very fair. This site has come a long way in embracing all of PSP homebrew instead of just selectively embracing what is and isn't acceptable. I think this site has gotten much better and is definitely the best homebrew community out there. There was a time not too long ago when we could not discuss DevHook, and other similar homebrew solutions. Only with Dark_AleX's OE custom firmware has it become finally acknowledged and accepted that playing game backups off memory stick is a very nice homebrew solution to playing commercial games.

Quote Originally Posted by the_eternal_dark View Post
    Lol... Save battery time... Load your own backups... You all are joking right? You do realize that 95% of the PSP users here pirate, right? You all are grasping with those 2 defenses to condone piracy.
    That is very condescending and I bitterly disagree with your negative portrayal of the PSP homebrew community. Seeing that most homebrew users have OE firmware on their PSP and because you posted this in a thread related to Dark_AleX & custom firmware, in a nutshell and in not so many words, you are stating that pretty much all of OE firmware users are pirates thus making Dark_AleX the enabler of piracy.

And what do you know, now Dark_AleX is leaving the scene. Highly suspected to be due to pressure from SONY or a sudden threat by SONY.

So way to go to all who love to scream out "PIRACY" when it comes to PSP homebrew, custom firmware, etc.

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

Hope they get it to work...
    this sounds great!
    more battery time

Well, so much for this.

**** you, sony.

That’s our quzar always trying to start something because he has nothing better to do.. FYI My brother has a PSP that he lets me use. Oh and I made a thread for some advice on what to do after my PSP fell into some water. Here have a look for yourself.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61439 This proves that I didn't come up with some BS excuse about my UMD drive being broken. I've mentioned problems with my UMD drive quite a few times. Hell I've been thinking about sending it in to get it fixed by PSPdemon. So feel free to ask him if I'm lying before you create another post once again trying to prove your views on the matter.

i admit i have done my fair share of pirating but my brother has a functioning oe psp which i use to backup my games

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information