Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 100% No-UMD Functionality

DCEmu Newbie

what i think is meant by this no umd mode is that u wont have the stupid umd drive loading everytime u do something or quit a game , and maybe that will save battery and somehting else

Quote Originally Posted by -Xandu- View Post
    Doesn't OE firmwares already have ISO loaders? What's the point of this "patching"?
    so that people with broken umd drives can still load their own backups with them all working completely

"Ever since my PSP fell in the water"

Mine did that too. Its fine.

My psp also fell on concrete, just sanded it and its fine.

This is nice, because UMD's are flimsy, and people are stupid. Ya' know, those idoits who drop psp's on concrete. And it means sony plans on selling psp games electronicaly.

Quote Originally Posted by darthpaul View Post
    That just gave me an idea.
    Maybe,with this Iso Loader thing in official firmwares we could run the Iso of let's say GTA or Lumines,and downgrade without the UMD.
    Do you really think that Sony will sell a downloade-able unpatched GTA or unpatched Lumines?

Quote Originally Posted by taco111 View Post
    Do you really think that Sony will sell a downloade-able unpatched GTA or unpatched Lumines?
    Not really. But there are a lot more sources to download from...*whistling*
    And that was just an idea.

Yeah, but you can't load unencrypted isos on an official fw psp.

DCEmu Legend

psp Just when you think it can't get any better...

YES! YES! and... YES! This is one of those amazing Dark_AleX breakthroughs that makes me appreciate OE firmware even more. The way he uses new stuff SONY adds and modifies it for homebrew use and unlocks even more freedom is brilliant. Beyond brilliant actually.

Its nice to finally be aware of what has been keeping Dark_AleX so busy. Remember not to long ago there was a hint on PSPGen that something BIG, REALLY big would be announced in the next month or 2? Well this might be it seeing that 3.50 is where the "ISO Loading" .prx first made its appearance. And 3.50 has been out for about a month now.

Unless there is ANOTHER big surprise in the works....

I haven't been using NoUMD only because the compatibility is not the greatest and its a pain to keep switching NoUMD on/off in recovery. So I just keep a UMD in the drive. But in my opinion its so much better not having to have the UMD in the drive. It does seem to load faster and battery life is preserved. Very minimal, I know, but battery life is precious on a PSP.

Basically, 100% NoUMD compatibility is one of the greatest things to have on OE. Not because I am too cheap to buy a UMD (I have many) but because it further increases the efficiency of a homebrew-enabled PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by -Xandu- View Post
    Doesn't OE firmwares already have ISO loaders? What's the point of this "patching"?
    The way SONY has it coded is that it would only allow playing of encrypted Playstation store game downloads. But with this feature unlocked, we can still head out to the store to buy the game (I like having the package, case, manual, etc.) and then we can back our own UMD's up and utilize the NoUMD support. Neat huh? I hope this once and for all ends comments basically saying anyone who uses a UMD ISO is a pirate. And its gonna kill the PSP and blah blah blah.... That is not true. In fact, it only helps the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by darthpaul View Post
    That just gave me an idea.
    Maybe,with this Iso Loader thing in official firmwares we could run the Iso of let's say GTA or Lumines,and downgrade without the UMD.
    I sorta see what you are saying but it would not work. The reason is because if you had a downgradable PSP still on SONY firmware (3.50), it would not be capable of loading unencrypted ISO's which is what you get when you back up UMD's yourself. Its sort of like what Dark_AleX did with the POPS emulator. You would not be able to play your own home made PS1 EBOOT games on official SONY firmware. But OE unlocks that.

Oh yeah. Thanks Veskgar,now I see clearly these guys' point.
    And I totally forgot about that "BIG THING" coming in the next few months as announced. Yeah,maybe this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    I hope this once and for all ends comments basically saying anyone who uses a UMD ISO is a pirate. And its gonna kill the PSP and blah blah blah.... That is not true. In fact, it only helps the PSP.
    yeah i agree and usually pirates were never gonna buy the game in the first place so no loss for sony

Yeah I seriously don't get this I can already load Iso's from the ISO folder so what does this mean? all I Know is the no umd thing witch is ok in my book

well what i really hope for is a way to get my psp working with xlink kai i have the linksys model WRT54GS ver 6 witch I heard was not compatible with xlink kai only versions 1-3 but i hope some one can fix that

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information