Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTA3 for DC?!? For Real?!?

DCEmu Newbie

Default GTA3 for DC?!? For Real?!?

I was very shocked when i stumbled across this link of a group of people that appear to be trying to downgrade several aspects of gta3 to get it to run on the DC. The last update on this page however is from 2004. Anybody have ANY info to share on this project?

Here is the link
    http://www.cuser101.karoo.net/gtafreedc.html

They call it GTAFreeDC!, and I would blown away if it was ever released.

No, it was fake sadly.

DCEmu Newbie

Rockstar didn't port GTA3 to the dreamcast because it had limited specs (thats how they stated it right?)
    I think it was just because sony paid them not the work on a dreamcast version, and the dc was failing at the time gta3 was released anyways.

I still remeber the day that appeared somebody in the Spanish pages of Dreamcast scene swearing that had one release. Sadly a great lie followed by some idiots.

Forget about that game in DC as Masta-G has said. The only way to get a game with these conditions is to wait for the scene with the new 3d tools....

The best is still to come for DC.

Regards
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

DCEmu Newbie

forget about GTA3 on the DC - it will never be possible...

but GTA 1 could be ported to the DC
    http://ogta.fifengine.de/

DCEmu Newbie

It's a shame that it is fake. Some of the work they claimed doing on that page sounded legit and solid (guess we would have seen an update by now if it was for real), but oh well.

By the way, GTA 1 can already be played on DC through bleemcast, and it works quite flawlessly. Looks as good as GTA 2 did on the DC.

DCEmu Newbie

Trust me the DC is very capable of running gta3.
    When converting all of the textures to PVR format, lowering some bits it would fit nicely with its ram.
    Rockstar just didnt port it because it wouldnt bring 'em any money, and Sony paid them to not release it on anything else besides the PS2 for the first 6 months or so.

People who say stuff that ran on the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube could never run on the Dreamcast are stupid! How do you think games made for Xbox run on PS2? Or how Gamecube games run on PS2 and vice versa. Devs make it happen, if the Dreamcast made it a bit further we could have seen GTA on it eventually, probably with a bit better graphics then the PS2 versions I mean 4MB vs 8MB

DCEmu Newbie

i think the DC could run GTA3, if Rockstar really wanted to release it on the DC.
    But now? No source. This Game is closed. Also the game-data, which has to be modified, is property of Rockstar. So a port will never be possible.

the xbox/ps2/gc thing: the most games have been developed for the ps2. also the ports are officiall - made by the game-developers - not by home-devs.

I love my DC, and i don't have a ps2. through all my love for the DC - the PS2 is still the powerfuller system of this two. it has 4mb vram, right. but also more ram and a better CPU. Things like "God of War" are not possible on DC in that way they are on PS2

DCEmu Newbie

so GTA3 is COMPLETELLY out of the question i guess, however, i had another idea. b0bel in a post above, linked to a site working on a freeware version of GTA1 for pc. Granted GTA1 is playable on DC through bleemcast, maybe someone can modify this engine to bring the camera down to first person view. Sure it wouldnt look nearly as good as GTA3, but work could be done to make it still pretty cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information