Poll: Do you know some with, or do you have Autism?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you know someone with, or do you have Autism?

I grew up knowing a kid with autism, since we were in the first grade till we graduated high school.

I'm completely ignorant about how one is diagnosed with autism, but according to him, he became autistic after taking some sort of medicine when he was much younger.

A large number of autism cases are caused by the chemicals in vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodtveidt View Post
    A large number of autism cases are caused by the chemicals in vaccines.
    I'm convinced that's the problem, although the medical profession won't admit that.

OFFICIALLY, there's no known cause. The number of people being diagnosed has spiked within the past 20 years or so.

I hate conspiracy theories, though, and I haven't been researching long enough to come up with a hypothesis of my own...

maybe you are just a spazmoid! no joking. but yeah i know a dude with asbergers, pretty ****ed up guy. some totally autistic people are awesome at maths especially...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gdf View Post
    maybe you are just a spazmoid! no joking. but yeah i know a dude with asbergers, pretty ****ed up guy. some totally autistic people are awesome at maths especially...
    They tend to make up in areas other than whats affected, so where someone is psycho that person could be the smartest person alive. I know it's not autism, but look at Stephen Hawking he is a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by gdf View Post
    ...some totally autistic people are awesome at maths especially...
    Unless you talk to me. I suck at math. It's dumb to me.

For me to excel at school, I need be on a sedative (to slow me down enough so I can learn something) all the time. I'm also good at humor when I'm sedated or off my meds.

Yeah... something like that would probably help with my issues with learning stuff... I love number-math, but I can't wrap my head around stuff like Calculus or geometry/trigonometry. Basically, if it deals in absolutes, I'm fine. Which is where my problem with learning how to program comes in :P I can handle HTML, 'cause it does exactly what you tell it to ("I don't even see the code. All I see is Blonde... Brunette...Redhead..."). I can't handle Java or C++ or whatnot 'cause you have to tell the computer how to decide what its supposed to do.

I just don't think I'd like the Idea of having to 'underclock' my brain just to learn stuff. :P I'd also be worried that my 'real' personality would be undermined by whatever meds I might be advised to take to combat the other stuff going on....

(EDIT: Ah, here we go. Found something useful I had been looking for for a previous post...)
    Pervasive developmental disorders (PDD) like autism and Asperger Syndrome have been on the rise for years. Measles Mumps Rubella (MMR) vaccines and thimerosal-containing vaccines (which are approximately 50 percent ethylmercury) have been suggested as possible causes. A new McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) study, published in the scientific journal Pediatrics, assessed the link between childhood immunizations and PDD in 28,000 Quebec children and finally clears MMR vaccines and thimerosal-containing immunizations as risk factors.

Yeah, my question is why the heck they'd put mercury in a vaccine. No wonder it screws people.

Its like putting toxins in smokes, it doesnt make sense, the tobacco kills its supporters, and some things are never known.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information